The real tragedy ... education

Discussion in 'Economics' started by scriabinop23, Apr 6, 2008.

1. 1000

I have a theory, its about the laws of attraction

I think that generally speaking black people think they have to make themselves more attractive, i.e. they have a superiority complex

For example if you take Tiger Woods, he cannot just be another guy on tour, but instead he has to be at the top

So why aren't there more black PGA tour professionals? because the next one cannot be better than Tiger, i.e. he will be just another guy on tour.

#171     Apr 28, 2008
  2. Close

Black people think they have to outperform to be accepted by white society. Otherwise they are not considered "good enough" and always have worry about "measuring up".

Maybe this does lead to a superiority complex, maybe it does not.

#172     Apr 28, 2008
  3. piezoe

piezoe

The statement below caught my eye and so I looked at the lengthy article you reference with the link below.

I am sorry, I must be missing something. My reading was quite different. I understood the study referenced to say that alternative education would cost the state 50 to 90% less per pupil than state sponsored education does. That is something quite different from the statement you quote above. Some how the words "cost to the state" were omitted!

Please correct me if i am wrong about this as this is a subject i am keenly interested in.

#173     Apr 28, 2008