The real spirit of Christmas...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by ARogueTrader, Nov 29, 2003.

1. Woman Knocked Unconscious By Wal-Mart Shoppers
    Witnesses: Shoppers Stepped Over Woman Having Seizure

POSTED: 6:39 p.m. EST November 28, 2003
    UPDATED: 11:10 p.m. EST November 28, 2003

ORANGE CITY, Fla. -- A 41-year-old woman was knocked unconscious and then trampled by a mob of shoppers who continued to step over her as she suffered a seizure during a Friday sale at Wal-Mart in Orange City, Fla., according to Local 6 News.

Authorities said that Patricia Van Lester arrived at Wal-Mart at 3 a.m. for an early sale on a DVD player for her mother. When the store's doors opened at 6 a.m., Van Lester grabbed the DVD player but was quickly overcome by hundreds of shoppers rushing into the store.

The woman was knocked to the ground, slammed her head on the ground and suffered at least one seizure, according to Local 6 News.

Her sister watched the incident and tried to stop the crowd as they made their way to the merchandise.

"I screamed, 'Stop, don't step on her, my sister is on the ground,' and nobody would listen," the woman's sister, Linda Ellzey said. "I've never seen so many people in a store at one time -- in one area. If there was a fire, nobody could've gotten out of there."

When paramedics arrived at the scene, they found the woman lying on top of the DVD player among shoppers who seemed to not even notice the unconscious woman on the floor, according to a witness.

Van Lester was airlifted to Halifax Medical Center in Daytona Beach. Ellzey said her sister will likely remain hospitalized for days.

Watch Local 6 News for more on this story.

2. At least she got the DVD player...

3. I'm sure she could sue Walmart for lack of crowd control or something similar. She may not need the $29 DVD player because she'll be able to get everything in the electronics department now!

4. And that's indeed a true spirit of Christianity: suing the ... out of someone! Have you heard about forgiveness? Is this not what JC would preach for years and then his Apostles? Well, that was a long time ago and now we have a new breed of Christians, those that would sue at the slighest of occasions. And why Walmart? OK, here is why: because they have money that you can extort from them rather easily, right?

That's why I am agnostic and after reading this truly spiritual post of yours, I have no doubt that this is the right approach.

5. dbphoenix

dbphoenix

Eye for an eye, babe :D

6. Rogue

Over 63 years ago when I was about six, I had to sit by myself in a movie theatre because there was no adjacent seating for my family. About half way through the film someone started shouting fire, fire, fire!

I stood up because everyone else did and was immediately pushed into the aisle and out toward the entrance. No one was the least bit concerned about me and no one grabbed my hand or offered me any assistance. If I had fallen down, I know that I would have been crushed to death.

I learned alot about human nature that day. Obviously things haven't changed much.

As a footnote, the man who was shouting fire had just stabbed his girlfriend to death and used the ensuing commotion to cover his tracks. He knew alot about human nature.

7. WHO CARES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8. Longshot
    You just proved my point!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. Longshot proved your point?

I thought your point was about human nature, not the animal kingdom.

10. now now sony, be nice:) time for gordy to shine:cool: he's about to display his err yours sensitive side towards humanity.:eek:

#10     Nov 29, 2003