The Real Secret To Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Maverick74, Mar 26, 2006.

1. i'll meet you half way, maverick.

moderation in all things is the key to success.

both being too frugal and spending too much are ways to failure--albeit different kinds.

leaving hyanis and heading south, see you several days....

surfer

#51     Mar 27, 2006
  2. porgie is pretty frugal too because he is poor..........and all will die soon.........don't blink your eyes........soon is sooner than u think.........the older uget the shorter and sooner it is......can't avoid it........

#52     Mar 30, 2006
  3. ======================
    These post are strange, but helpful;
    my banker dad like to hunt & work with wood in his spare time,
    and our Church in thier bookstore sells clocks, Christmas cards and pens.

So really both of you had thoughtful points.

Went into the Dollar store to buy some red & green & blue highlighter pens for $1.00;
    some clown hid the pens pak for $1.00, took a while to find them.
    They had the $1.50 pack @ eye level for carelesss shoppers.

:cool:

#53     Apr 6, 2006
  4. TheFinn

TheFinn

Just want to comment on the "Money has no value until you spend it" quote.

I disagree on one point, and that is that money does indeed have value if unspent in a least on thing: security. If I have a million dollars in the bank, I know I don't have to worry about an unexpected car repair or what will happen if I lose my job (if I have a job at all). That peace of mind is value I get out of unspent money.

Other than that, yes, of course, money's value comes from the things we obtain by trading it in.

#54     Apr 7, 2006
  5. Isn't it clear that he isn't motivated by money? Heck, he created something - something really big - which he's not suprisingly proud of and wants to protect and nurture.

It's his business that drives him, not the money.

Just my two cents.

#55     Apr 18, 2006
  6. jkrsr

jkrsr

Instead of criticizing Mr. Kamprand, look at what he accomplished. More than any of us, apparently.
    Why not compare him to the Enron Execs who built nothing, stole everything they could and didn't care about anyone.:cool:

#56     Apr 18, 2006
  7. Brandonf

Brandonf Sponsor

Per chance he just likes what he does? I have made more money trading the last 2 1/2 years than I expected to make in my entire life? Should I just stop? Should I spend like a drunken sailor even though that is not something I would particularly enjoy? Why can't someone keep working simply for the enjoyment of the challange of the work? What the hell is so hard to understand about someone liking what they do?

Brandon

#57     Apr 18, 2006
  8. You know what happens when you stop working?

You die.

Something to think about :)

#58     Apr 18, 2006
  9. bitrend

bitrend

Like what you are doing is great and it could give you happiness and as well the goal is to have a very nice life style or an acceptable life style as being rich. It doesn't mean you have to stop working. Your business continues as usual, it's just your life style must improve greatly. If you say you're already happy with the current life style regardless how rich you are then we have nothing to say. All we could say is the public will view you as strange no matter that opinion is right or wrong but it does exist.

#59     Apr 18, 2006
  10. Great thread, I am frugal and proud of it. Being frugal whilst making good money in telecom sales has allowed me to work on my dream/goal of being a succesful day trader. I have been studying working hard 10-15 hours a day and it is really starting to come together.

More Americans need to simplify their lives and learn to live debt free. I snicker just a bit, when I hear people that are freaking out becase they lost their jobs and have to make their Harley payments so they can continue to ride a $20k motorcycle with their buddies on the weekend. They don't get it and probably never will.

I read a great post in ET. Learning to trade sucessfully has to do with money and time premium. We cut back our expenses, live off of my wife's salary while I hone my craft. I liken it to my sales career. The first 1 1/2 year I made almost nothing. I worked and studied and worked and studied the sucessful salespeople. Then I broke out and became very succesful. I am putting in time premium and now it is starting to pay off.

I hope that when I am rich from trading I can do social work for free with my free time. It will take time, and the days fly when you are doing what you really enjoy. Giving back is a great feeling.

Dan

#60     Apr 18, 2006