The Real Secret To Trading

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Maverick74, Mar 26, 2006.

1. cnms2

cnms2

This sounds a little communist to me. Our society is based on private property and this is a good thing in this stage of its development.

Obviously you're not a politician and you're not wealthy, but I doubt that this is because you had money and you gave it away. Lighten up a little: it's their money.

On the other hand I agree that there are many a$$holes among wealthy people and politicians, but there are as many in the average population too.

#21     Mar 26, 2006
  2. smallfil

smallfil

>>>All politicians,wealthy people should be put without food
    for 1 week, I am pretty sure that would realize that it's
    a crime not to share when you have too much money....<<<

You forgot the rich actors/actress and show biz people who say government must do more for this and that cause. You don't see them dipping into their millions to pay for their causes.
    I take my hat off to Bill Gates, Oprah and Ted Turner because they put their money to help others!!! Others are just plain
    hypocrites for expousing causes and letting others foot the bill!!!

#22     Mar 26, 2006
  3. bitrend

bitrend

I have no comment for the State leaders' action on this issue. I believe the State has the rules to be obeyed by the leaders and only them who know those rules.

#23     Mar 26, 2006
  4. fhl

fhl

I guess there are people who like to work and create billions(these are the really bad people), and then there are people who like to post witty and penetrating diatribes on et which heap scorn on others and their opinions.(these are the really good people)

#24     Mar 26, 2006
  5. what everyone seem to miss, is that many super wealthy people want to fit in with the common man. they have a desire to be thought of as everyone, the same as the common man wants to be rich. extreme wealth can be very isolating, to some people, in ways that only the super rich can understand. hence the ikea guy, et al.

best,

surfer

#25     Mar 26, 2006
  6. LOL kinda defeats the purpose of becoming rich.

There is a big difference between getting your money's worth and being cheap. The Ikea guy sounds "cheap" and it's a bit sad cause it defeats the purpose. It's like he finally got there and now what? He sounds like one of those old men that plan to take their money with them to the grave to make sure noone else gets it.

Most rich people are so cheap that it's just pathetic. It's hard to imagine that they are actually happy. It just makes no sense, I thought the goal of getting rich is so that one can spend with ease and not worry about money. I don't believe in frivilous waste of spending power but there is no reason to be frugal and cheap if you have the money.

FuturesTrader said it perfect. Money has no value till you spend it.

#26     Mar 26, 2006
  7. Maverick74

Maverick74

Who cares if he is cheap? The bottom line is the guy only has the wealth that he has BECAUSE of his frugality. Why don't you people get that? There are many people over the years who have had millions, in some cases billions, only to die broke or go bankrupt and have nothing. They spent it all. They spent it all while they where making it and spent even more while they were losing it. What a sad, pathetic life that is.

This guy can do anything he wants, pursue his dreams. He has that freedom because he has earned that freedom. And no, you are wrong, the goal of getting rich is not so you can spend with ease, it's so you can have financial security. There is a huge difference. Thr good news is, most on this board will never have to worry about it, so you can breathe a sigh of relief now.

#27     Mar 26, 2006
  8. Think of how we hate the rich, regarding them like supervillains, seizing every opportunity to cut them down to size. Laughing at their gluttony, self-glorification, and their mindless pursuit of egotistic fantasies, they become the brunt of our best jokes.
    We, of course, are far too clever, educated, and refined to chase the proverbial rabbit around the track, in our one lap around life.
    We, of course, nonetheless devote our entire lives to the same adrenaline laced chase, with even more ferocity and vigor, quietly whispering to ourselves over and over, with a confident resolve, "This time, it WILL be different."

#28     Mar 26, 2006
  9. traderob

traderob

The guy sounds like Scrooge McDuck.

#29     Mar 26, 2006
  10. I agree with this mostly due to my own experience. I got into trading right out of college (and I graduated early at age 20). My first attempt was a false start mostly due to the fact that my fixed costs were so high that not making money for the first few months wasn't realistic and I had to get out.

So, I moved in with roomates, lived like a peasent for over a year, and saved 20k to put up with a prop firm.

The rest is history and, needless to say, I'm pleased I did it.

How many 35-year olds do you know who: a) have no money and b) have such huge fixed costs that going into trading and potentially not making any money RIGHT AWAY would devaste thier lifestyle. There's a reason they are called losers. Because they are.

Frugality is the necessary condition for anyone trying to build something out of nothing.

A field must be plowed before it can be harvested.

#30     Mar 26, 2006