The real secret to letting winners run...

Discussion in 'Trading' started by focusonmoney, Aug 26, 2010.

1. The only way I know how to let my winners run is when I know it's a trending day... But lately I notice something else that might help out other traders... What I notice is when my profit target (2points) gets hit real quick, usually the market will run much farther.. So now when I see the market get to my profit target quickly, I just move my profit target up so I could squeeze more profit out of the trade.... That's one strategy I notice lately for letting your winners run.. But there's a second thing I notice lately that I could use to let my winners run.. When price comes real close to your profit target(I use a 2point target) and reverse... and price starts to slow down and take forever.. And then finally price reverses back to your profit target and give you a win.. This price action right here is an indication that price will most likely go much farther... I hope this information helps someone..

Signing off..

2. unfortunately, this is speculative and anecdotal. backtest it for several years and then see if it has value.

3. Of course.. Just sharing my experience.. This is more a heads up to let traders be aware of this action so they could look out for it while they are trading...