"The Real Romney": Did Mitt pressure a single mom to give up her baby?

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AK Forty Seven, Jan 13, 2012.

1. I think all religion is bullshit.I'm just pointing how Romneys religion will be in play in the 2012 elections especially when so many republicans are Christians and most don't view Mormons as Christians as well as the Mormons history of racism,polygamy and magic underwear

#21     Jan 13, 2012
  2. Epic

Epic

So by that (lack of) logic, anyone who's great grandfather owned slaves in the 1800s should be excluded from the presidency because he must be a racist who advocates slavery.

If you are familiar at all with religion in America, almost all churches were segregated in the 70s and generally black preachers couldn't or didn't preach to white congregations. If you read my previous posts at all you would realize that almost all churches in America are still segregated. This does not include the mormon church.

You can continue in your prejudice, but logic doesn't support it.

#22     Jan 13, 2012
  3. Epic

Epic

I completely agree, it will be in play, but not because of logic or good judgement. Instead it will be the same propaganda that you are throwing out there. But then, all the anti-mormon christians completely ignore their own weird religious beliefs that are actually very similar to mormons, and the democrat party was originally the party of slavery, so what does logic and fair judgement have to do with it?

#23     Jan 13, 2012
  4. Lucrum

Lucrum

Well yes, it's a major tenant of the left's ideology.

#24     Jan 13, 2012
  5. 1.No.Slavery was the norm back then,having 5 wives wasn't.A presidential candidate whose great grandfather owned slaves might be an issue for some voters though

2.You're right,but many republican christians are hypocrites who judge other faiths .These are the people Romney needs to win

3.I'm not prejudice at all.I'd vote for Paul or Obama if they were Mormons but I'm not an evangelical christian who many will have a problem with it imo

My point is how this will this play into the 2012 elections when outside pacs and the media start attacking Romneys Mormonism.You say its not fair,I says its reality and will have an effect

#25     Jan 13, 2012
  6. Epic

Epic

Not necessarily saying unfair in the whiny sense of the word, but rather that it is without sound logic.

For example, 22% of people say they wouldn't vote for a mormon regardless of qualifications. An amazing 49% say they wouldn't vote for an atheist. There is just no logic in that. If the person is qualified and has respectable integrity to at least do his best at fulfilling promises, then religious convictions are meaningless.

But it is pretty obvious that your statement that you are "not prejudice at all" is patently false.

#26     Jan 13, 2012
  7. When I say I am not prejudice I mean I am not prejudice against Mormonism.I am prejudice against Romney due to his political positions and support any legal means to keep him out of the white house

#27     Jan 13, 2012
  8. Epic

Epic

ok... I'll respect that.

#28     Jan 13, 2012