The real reasons of failure

Discussion in 'Professional Trading' started by doublef, Nov 21, 2009.

1. Redneck

Redneck

OP

There really is only one reason for failure – in everything… but doggone if it ain’t the same reason for success also

Simply amazing how that works

Regards

RN

#11     Nov 22, 2009
  2. Redneck

Redneck

:p Yep - The truth can be a real pita (if you chose to make it so)

RN

#12     Nov 22, 2009
  3. I give up

#13     Nov 22, 2009
  4. ElectricSavant? Is that you?

#14     Nov 22, 2009
  5. doublef

doublef

I used to think that the reason for one's failure is the same reason for one's success in trading.

but I changed my mind.

Logically it cannot happen, there is no way that the same reason is responsible for both failure and success.

Yes, at one point I was amazed by the "discovery" that failure and success share the same reason.

But when I got down to the solution, it just didn't work, because I had to do the same thing that I had been doing, the same thing that caused the failure. If it continues to cause failure, it cannot cause success.

so solution-wise, it is not productive to think failure and success share the same reason.

you just can't consider a prostitute as your lover, though both are women. well, the spiritual leader of Tibetans is an exception.

#15     Nov 23, 2009
  6. Redneck

Redneck

Ahhh but....

It is fact – one can consider a prostitute a lover – if one loves her

It is also fact – the reason (its very essence) for failure and success emanates from the "exact" same source

Thusly I shall hold that they are very intimately connected… (you see I’ve made the same upstream swim as you)

Now the logical conclusion at this juncture is – we can agree to disagree – and still be happy

Aside
    I can see you have given this some thought – and as I would never propose to know what I cannot…

I would however – if you’ll permit – suggest it is highly possible you have found what you seek – else you’re damn close to it

Congratulations:)

Trading is after all a journey - and it never matters what we think - really – only how…

And btw I am still a just a dumbass redneck:p

See Ya
    RN

#16     Nov 23, 2009
  7. doublef

doublef

you are very smart and think very hard, I think you must work very hard too.

you have spent a lot of time on things that are related to trading, but not essential to trading. it is natural because you approach trading from a distance and come across many interesting things as you get closer to the gist of trading.

as time goes by, you will get rid of those things that are not essential to trading (some of them are plain wrong, but we didn't know when we started, we probably thought they were good stuff, occasionally we might mistake them for holy grails...).

it is not necessary to know the reasons of trading failure, a trader can make a profit without knowing them. the trader is like a monkey that is thrown into a metal cage. when an electric current is sent through the metal cage, the monkey will jump around until it lands on a rubber mat at the corner of cage, that is when the monkey successfuly avoids electric shocks, the monkey doesn't know rubber is a kind of material that insulates it from electricity, it only knows that if he stands on that black rubber mat instead of the metal floor, it won't feel any pain.

#18     Nov 23, 2009
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Thank you for the very kind compliment – I do think of myself as a hard worker

But for the record Sir – You think what you will – I will do what I must (and yes so far today I am green – without much thinking involved)

Now give them monkeys some nanners:p

Regards
    RN

#19     Nov 25, 2009
  9. Mav88

Mav88

how the frack do you know that?

#20     Nov 28, 2009