The real reason trading is difficult

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jem, Jun 2, 2008.

1. ElCubano

ElCubano

i hate when it lands on my limit to close a trade and does not get excecuted and within one fraction of a milisecond it be 40-50-75 cents away....sometimes if i feel the wave will hit again i cancel limit and pile on some more to see if we can close out trade at better limit price at thenext stop :D

#51     Jun 4, 2008
  2. Yeah, but that 40-50-75 cents on 5000 shares is a pain in the ass...

#52     Jun 4, 2008
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Trading is one of the easiest endeavors you will ever undertake. Most "traders" try to make it difficult. Thank you for your time.

#53     Jun 4, 2008
  4. That has been my experience,
    The big traders drive the price and I watch out for their repeating patterns..

I think the confusing thing for many (most) ETers is that they cannot appreciate that ET is a retail level site.

regards
    f9

#54     Jun 4, 2008
  5. eagle

eagle

Greed, greed, greed, greed, ..., and greed!

You need greed to make money in the stock market, right! Sounds interesting... But too much greed will result the opposite. So a moderate greed sounds good. Let say, a stock is moving from a scale 1 to 10. Instead of attempt to take a portion of 2 to 9, does the stock market will be closed if we attempt to take a portion of 4 to 7?

#55     Jun 4, 2008
  6. If you read this board for any length of time the reason is pretty obvious. Most humans are pompous, full of themselves and have too fragile of egos to think probabilistically with money on the line. Couple that with the fact most people are lazy, easily fooled, easy to manipulate and it explains why trading is hard and explains 99% of the postings on this message board.

#56     Jun 4, 2008
  7. Its hard to take losses. I had over 6 winning trades in a row, then finally a loss.

It made me feel like crap for the entire day. I then over ate at night.

#57     Jun 4, 2008
  8. "Culo" Kid? :confused:

#58     Jun 4, 2008
  9. eagle

eagle

True. This psychology is described by Mark Douglas, Trading in the Zone. A child will cry if his toy is taken away, and he used to cry each time he cannot get what he wanted. But at one moment the child have to realize that he cannot ALWAYS get what he wanted. So he learned to accept. Loss is something we don't want but at one moment we have to learn that we cannot ALWAYS avoid losses.

#59     Jun 4, 2008
  10. Buy stocks and ETFs that go up

stuff like KOL EWZ CLF MOS V MA RIMM AAPL

making money coudn't be any less difficult

#60     Jun 4, 2008