The real reason trading is difficult

Discussion in 'Trading' started by jem, Jun 2, 2008.

1. pneuma

pneuma

The market's not random - it's IRRATIONAL.

#21     Jun 2, 2008
  2. C- kid

C- kid

spyder if you were normal, by now you would be severely depressed

started in 2003 and still can't quit your job and trade for living

you need to get a grip for your own good

#22     Jun 2, 2008
  3. Five years this month - started full time - with Equities and Two years ago switched to trading the ES. If you are going to flame somebody, you should try to do so with some degree of accuracy. Mandelbrot (formerly known as JimmyJam) doesn't trade full time - he told me so in NYC. Whereas, I do trade full time. Hopefully, you now understand the difference between shit you make up in your head, and actual facts.

- Spydertrader

Credit where due ... nice short call today.

#23     Jun 2, 2008
  4. People who give things away for free do not make money by giving things away.

I have written many books that were published. Customarily, I give the copyright and the royalties to a 501 (c) (3). The IRS code mentioned is one assigned to not for profits. There are subdivisions on this as well. look over the Q's for the ap for becoming a not for profit to see how it works.

Books are not the primary resourse for learning to trade. Books would only serve as a reference for trading any profitable method of which there are many.

As you can see, there are many people who are members and some of them are allowed to use concurrent aliases. Other post and change their names frequently to be able to post what they do. In trading, for some, there are long periods of being sidelined out of fear, etc.. They joke around and do criticisms. their buddies take comfort in reinforcing the mediocracy of ET.

Just last week a mod found out I had an alias. It was removed so I conform to the rules. Can you imagine what it would be like here if a few others were found out? LOL..

I am collating my posts topically under five book detailed outline headings. The copyright and royalties have been gifted to a 501 (c) (3). I support actively purposeful learning by newbies who are willing to passforward the opportunity. In the future they will have a set of reference books that will add to the present multi media archives. I have two interests: elderly care for those who are out of the loop and veteran's care for those who have been exposed to trauma and it is not being handled adequately. In the past, America became what it was by the efforts of people who did work and defend our principles. They are very different from the airheads and dipshits here who are what they are.

#24     Jun 2, 2008
  5. Jack's post was a great example of failure and how it is achieved in trading. I'm glad you continue to explify it.

#25     Jun 2, 2008
  6. Wow, two posts on the same thread.

The last post must have really nailed the old geezer right between the eyes (looks like someone is having a problem dealing with the facts ... so glad you mention it).

Oh, and btw, do you have you got a decent pair of shoes yet? :p

LOL :eek:

#26     Jun 2, 2008
  7. tom123

tom123

As a new trader ,still studying and learning ,(4 months) ..... with only natural aptitude for data analysis,and intuitive vision....I can say with a fresh mind..... trading Is difficult if you dont have ALL the knowledge you need....if you havent yet developed the right knowledge skills....which is very complex, involves emotion and psychological skills as well as technical skills. I suspect it will be difficult Until all the skills are sufficiently developed.

.....and then....at that point.....it could be relatively 'easy' to trade correctly.

So far,I can see the game involves a deep understanding about Time.....and timing....and yes, doing what the market allows you to do.......I sense the Key is knowing the timing of When a price moves .....and in what way........and to understand Why it happens like that.... probably has to do with news events alot.... which is also part of the vast knowledge needed....
    I'm not able to clarify much more...but that I also see the trendline picture shows clear directions if you know how to read it correctly. and there is an intuitive element to the vision.

#27     Jun 2, 2008
  8. You absolutely cannot not imagine how far off base you are.

I am having one of the best laughs I have had in the last two hours; believe me, there have been many.

#28     Jun 2, 2008
  9. Oh, I've got a pretty good idea.

I'm sure the little blue men who help you to draw all of your lines are giving you quite a laugh, right about now. :D

#29     Jun 2, 2008
  10. Cheese

Cheese

No offence is intended, but undisciplined (I presume this to mean 'unsignalled') trades and a practice of closing small winners when otherwise running losers is mindless. You should have been able to rub yourself out as a trader long before this.

But to be constructive, I want to get to the nub of losing. Why is losing so pervasive? Most do not (and most should) know exactly what they are doing. If you do not know exactly what you are doing, do not go beyond paper trading - or do not go beyond simulation trading. I choose to know in detail each market I use down to precise magnitudes and sequences of gyrations that run. I know this is not what amateurs do but I can only suggest to you that is why professional trading takes away the riches.
    :)

#30     Jun 2, 2008