The Real Reason Romney Lost

Discussion in 'Politics' started by AAAintheBeltway, Dec 5, 2012.

1. QUOTE]Quote from AAAintheBeltway:

And it turns out it is a lot scarier than we imagined.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    AMERICA NEARS EL TIPPING POINTO

Ann Coulter
    December 5, 2012

snip

In 1980, Hispanics were only 2 percent of the population, and they tended to be educated, skilled workers who got married, raised their children in two-parent families and sent their kids to college before they, too, got married and had kids. (In that order.)

That profile has nothing to do with recent Hispanic immigrants, who -- because of phony "family reunification" rules -- are the poorest of the world's poor.

More than half of all babies born to Hispanic women today are illegitimate.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lucrum, why is your stepdaughter and her baby live with you and your wife?

#51     Dec 6, 2012
  2. You're a flyweight just like spike, you chime in like a chihuahua when the big dogs are talking and you think you make good points whilst everybody else just laughs at you.

#52     Dec 6, 2012
  3. I agree that we should not be just throwing in the towel with blanket amnesty for illegals. I firmly oppose that and the Anchor Baby fiasco needs to be dealt with as well.
    Cheap labor is another story. Business wants cheap labor, so cheap in fact a guy can't make a living at it. When someone can go on the government plan of, we'll pay you to do nothing, and that plan pays damn near as much as a job in a factory, it makes no sense to work. You can argue that we should lower the benefit and length of time of that government plan, and I'd agree, but that doesn't fix the overall problem of the average worker making slave wages while the boyz in the boardroom yacht around the world. Especially when the boardroom gang ain't all that impressive.

#53     Dec 6, 2012
  4. 1) For the most part if business wants cheap labor it's available overseas. All anybody is doing if they hire illegal immigrants is shield liberals from the unintended consequences of their stupid min wage laws. So liberals owe a big thank you to these daring people.

2) Once again you are blaming conservatives for the unintended consequence of liberal policies in action, which kinda makes you look STUPID.

#54     Dec 6, 2012
  5. If you consider who is making the offer to the young man, it amounts to "Follow your attachment to earthly things, or follow God".

The Apostles, while none were wealthy (maybe Matthew was the most well-off) gave up even more - their families (and ultimately their lives) - to follow as disciples.

"You cannot serve two masters."

Implied in that is that - you can have wealth - just do not let it be your master.

#55     Dec 6, 2012
  6. There are two or three issues here. One is illegal immigration, which Cinton and Bush tolerated or even encouraged for 16 years. Clearly there were business groups in the republican party who welcomed it.

Two is the living wage argument, which to me seems out of place here. The assumption is anyone making an entry level wage needs to live a middle calss lifestyle on it. that is usually not the situation, as these jobs are usually held by kids living at home or still in school, etc.

Three is the issue of CEO compensation. I have railed against this for years here, often to the annoyment of my conservative brethren. I think we saw a manifestation of the simmering resentment against it in this election. Romney is a decent man, but to a lot of people he looked like the boss who got a huge options/bonus package while the workers got squat. Ironically, the democrats have no incentive to do anything about this disparity since it plays to their narrative and keeps people angry.

#56     Dec 6, 2012
  7. Why are your friends committing you to hell , Phoenix ?

#57     Dec 6, 2012
  8. Because they have the moral courage to call it as they see it.

#58     Dec 6, 2012
  9. And why is he so against future cunts?

Oh that's right! He doesn't like them.

#59     Dec 6, 2012

10. Good to see you have embraced your nick.

#60     Dec 6, 2012