The real reason for the war on Drugs. Its all about supporting the Bureaucracy.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by Max E., May 26, 2011.

1. Max E.

Max E.

This will make your blood boil. The end past 2:30 is the best.

<object style="height: 390px; width: 640px"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJd4Q4u5cqU?version=3"><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"><param name="allowScriptAccess" value="always"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/rJd4Q4u5cqU?version=3" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" allowScriptAccess="always" width="640" height="390"></object>

2. achilles28

achilles28

Yup. Great post.

Same reason why they don't close the border. Too much drugs coming through. Justifies police state America. The Feds need a reason to get in our business.

3. Wow man. You know what the monkey said....

4. Ricter

Ricter

Drugs are the opium of the masses!

Ahem.

5. Max E.

Max E.

I didnt think we were there quite yet, but when i see videos like this it is becoming quite clear we are already in a police state.

The feds could very easily end the violence at the border and it wouldnt cost a dime, infact it would save money, and bring additional revenue in. Legalise weed and tax it. Anyone who has smoked weed before knows that smoking alot of weed does not make you nearly as intoxicated as drinking too much booze does, so what is the reason for keeping it illegal?

I dont want any drugs to be illegal as the whole war on drugs is a colossal waste of money, but one would think that legalising pot is a no brainer given the fact that it is less harmful than alcohol.

6. Then they'd have to think of a new reason to shake you down and take your cash, and they aren't good at that thinkin' stuff.

7. Max E.

Max E.

Everything we can imagine is the "opium of the masses"

Everyone has their "opium"

Some people drink too much alcohol, some watch too much t.v. some spend too much time on the internet, some do to many drugs, some smoke too much, some eat to much, and some like working too much, or playing too many sports, some like to go in drag races, some like rock climbing, some like heli-skiing, some like cliff diving.

Everyone has something they like to do to pass the time, if we go down the road of controlling what people should and shouldnt do, there is alot of harmful things we could eliminate which are far more dangerous then weed.

8. Ricter

Ricter

Hold it right there, are you serious, too much internet!?

9. Max E.

Max E.

:D admittedly im a junkie.....

10. Max E.

Max E.

Sorry, I cant tell if this is sarcasm(i think it is).... if it is please forgive me, as it is tough to decipher over the internet..... :D

If you are wondering what i meant basically i was implying that people are not working in their own best interests when they do too much of ANYTHING.

So as it pertains to the internet, yes, if a person spends their entire life talking to people on the internet, as opposed to going out in the real world and meeting people, then they are infact causing themselves harm. There are lots of people out there who sit and play world of warcraft all day and never see the real world. So the internet is a huge detriment to their life, in a similar way that drugs can be a detriment to other peoples lives, if they choose to only sit there and do drugs all day.

The bottom line is that all of these things can be harmful if abused, but do we reallly want someone else making this choice for us? Or do we want to make these choices for ourselves?

#10     May 26, 2011