The real reason for the extreme tough trading in the FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by livermoreorless, Jun 18, 2009.

1. slacker

slacker

A few more questions...

How many round trips do you average a day & which markets do you spend most of your time in?
    Thanks again.

#51     Jun 24, 2009
  2. moarla

moarla

in the morning(europe) the EURUSD and the EUR future, and at US open the ES (not in the summer month, too boring...)

on the EUR 20 - 30 rounds
    on the ES 10 - 20

#52     Jun 24, 2009
  3. What trades? I don't think he's actually trading is he, he's just counting ticks.....apparently for fun :)

#53     Jun 24, 2009
  4. 4XQs

4XQs

ScapGF, you're the one who doubted that the movement was there. What one is able to capture is a whole other matter. moarla does not have to prove anything, as the discussion started out with questioning if the zig-zag movement was even there to begin with.

#54     Jun 24, 2009
  5. r4Nd.m

r4Nd.m

just FYI, some brokers allow micro lots.. or roughly 10c / tick... so 500 ticks would actually only represent 50$. & since this thread is so entertaining for you scrap, here's a question: how can you calculate percentage when you don't even know his account size?

#55     Jun 24, 2009
  6. moarla

moarla

exactly :)

#56     Jun 24, 2009
  7. He doesn't need to know account size to calculate percentage.

He said:

"320 pips on EUR/USD is 300% return PER DAY at 100:1 leverage.

Even at 10:1 that is still 30% per day"

I still don't get the point of counting the number of pips price moves back and forth in a day, it seems like a totally pointless exercise to me, no-one is trading all those moves.

#57     Jun 24, 2009
  8. ScapGF

ScapGF

I have no doubt that there are up and down movements WELL above 500 ticks in a single day. Just watch a tick chart for 5 minutes and anyone can see that.

However, it was insinuated that it was somehow possible to consistently net 500 pips per day trading EUR/USD.

Maybe I read it wrong, but the person in question said the exact following:

"EURUSD (or the EUR future) you can make easy 500 ticks a day"

The operative words in that sentence are "you can make easy" and NOT "there exists easily"

Making and existing are two entirely different things.

The fact of the matter is that it simply isn't possible on a day to day basis.

#58     Jun 24, 2009
  9. fx trading is pretty easy! not hard at all!

#59     Jun 24, 2009
  10. what is the 5,000,000 and 100,000,000 ? Dollars?

#60     Jun 24, 2009