The real reason for the extreme tough trading in the FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by livermoreorless, Jun 18, 2009.

1. ScapGF

ScapGF

Your math is not compounding the returns. If your returns were that stellar and you made THAT many pips consistently, why WOULDN'T you plowback your returns into your account and compound everything????

I hope you realize I am only now responding to this thread because it is entertaining...

#41     Jun 24, 2009
  2. cosmic

cosmic

Looking at the EURUSD and EURJPY today is also very entertaining, gotta love those ranges and clean trends...but I agree that sort of math may is misleading and actually nothing to do with prof money management.

#42     Jun 24, 2009
  3. What do you mean by "near 400 ticks", what does it represent? What are you counting, and why?

#43     Jun 24, 2009
  4. moarla

moarla

well you can trade how much contracts you are comfortable with...
    i would say in the european morning with 10 - 20 contracts maximum you would have not too much slippage, with more i would not be really happy...
    in the US session maby with 30-40 you are ok.....

on the FOREX it depends on your broker how much liquidity he provides you...
    for the most brokers 5.000.000 is the number b higher you should not go...

i know brokers where you camn execute 100.000.000 with a single click, if you are interested in....

so it depends on more then investing all the money....

thats the nice thing on the ES, there you can go also with 200-400 contracts with no problem.....

#44     Jun 24, 2009
  5. moarla

moarla

i said bevore, i trade the EUR future 700 Volume chart as my main chart, and when you look at the clean swings there you make from 300 - 500 ticks / day....
    (should be similar to a 3 min chart, but i prefer volume charts for my indis)

#45     Jun 24, 2009
  6. I don't get it, you're counting the number of ticks per swing and adding them up? Sorry I don't get the point, wouldn't it be easier to just look at a chart? And why update your counting on this thread? And what are you actually counting them for in the first place?

I must be missing something....

:confused:

#46     Jun 24, 2009
  7. moarla

moarla

i counted the ticks up, because someone said, there are not as many ticks to make on the euro.... so only for fun today :)

here is the chart i trade, if you cant see the swings, what can i do....

the ticks are there

(time is Frankfurt: strarting from 8.00 in the morning)

#47     Jun 24, 2009
  8. Oh ok, just for fun, I thought you were trying to calculate something and I was going to suggest using a program to do it for you, doing it manually over a large enough sample would take forever!

#48     Jun 24, 2009
  9. slacker

slacker

Thanks for the screen shot. What size stops do you use for those trades?
    Good trading...

#49     Jun 24, 2009
  10. moarla

moarla

my stop is at - 10 ticks
    its a protective stop only in case my internet line goes down

if i am not right my indi tels methat and i go out with a market, my stop never will be touched

#50     Jun 24, 2009