The real reason for the extreme tough trading in the FX?

Discussion in 'Forex' started by livermoreorless, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Another loser wrote another book not worth the paper wasted to print it.

Hey stupid loser author, you no need a broker to trade forex, no need leverage, no need margin, no need nothing. All you need is a large enough bank account so you can get Tier 2 (close to Tier 1 interbank) dealing rates. Normally, most banks will exchange 100K USD to EUR at a interbank rate from the dealing room. I did that already spot and I exchanged a few months ago 100K USD to EUR @ 1.2850. I am still in the market looking for 1.4700 target.

Hey stupid author, stupid people go with Tier 3 (scam brokers) who depend on Tier 2 dealing hedging and may have their liquidity pulled away at anytime since they have no signed obligation by their bank Tier 1 to provide it. As a result, stupid speculators see their spreads widen or even their platform shut off when their scam broker cannot hedge their orders.

Enough, I don't get paid to educate losers anyway....

#11     Jun 23, 2009
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

...if you're an innumerate non-trader with no grasp of money management.

#12     Jun 23, 2009
  3. moarla

moarla

well in ES you can make from 80 to 160 ticks a day (depends on the day)
    on EURUSD (or the EUR future) you can make easy 500 ticks a day

so that was what the 1. poster means

you can make more ticks and so more money on forex then on ES.

#13     Jun 23, 2009
  4. 3121

an "easy 500 ticks a day" LOL

#14     Jun 23, 2009
  5. moarla

moarla

no lol

my day starts at 8.00 Frankfurt and goes until 22.00 Frankfurt, 14 hrs

so go check the bigger moves on EUrUSD

you will have more then 500....

LOL

#15     Jun 23, 2009
  6. ScapGF

ScapGF

Not really...

There have only been a handful of days over the past year where the 24hr open and close differ by 500 pips on EUR/USD.

And no, making 50 pips on 10:1 leverage is not making 500 pips per day.

#16     Jun 23, 2009
  7. kxvid

kxvid

Some reasons that make FX very upredictable and very hard to trade:

The FX market isn't controlled by just speculators; institutional bank hedging of fx risk creates unpredictable swings in the market.

The is no "right" exchange rate for currencies. It is much easier to value stocks and bonds than it is to value exchange rates. Methods such as P/E, economic strength and expected inflation rates can be used to value stocks and bonds. Valuing relative cross rates is not as straightforward; investors must use much more sophisticated analysis to value currencies.

Manipulation. This is large amounts of manipulation of fx cross rates going on daily by central banks, hedge funds and others. Since the FX market is unregulated, this is entirely legal which only creates more incentive for more manipulation. The long term trend is hard/impossible to manipulate, but many, many intraday moves are pure manipulation.

Market participant positioning. In stocks for instance, the majority of participants are long. Which stocks go up, some participants will sell to lock in gains. This is why it is very rare to see a 500 point up day in the DOW for instance. In FX, there is no majority position. Participants are both long and short. An sharp swing upwards in the euro may continue rising as more participants have to cover their short positions. Speculators often see when this is happening and drive the prices much higher.

#17     Jun 23, 2009
  8. moarla

moarla

well, on every symbol during the day you have many ups and downs...
    you can trade them or not... i do

so i count NOT the diff between open and close, but the tradable ticks all day long..
    means 50x long 50x short, someday more someday less

and so mostly EVERY day you have 500 ticks

for ex. look today, how many ticks all day long...
    yippie

#18     Jun 23, 2009
  9. r4Nd.m

r4Nd.m

Yes, because everyone has those kind of funds lying around. You're basically talking down to anyone using retail brokers? Gimme a break. Congrats on your success in trading 1:1, but frankly your attitude is shit.

#19     Jun 23, 2009
  10. ScapGF

ScapGF

First, you said 500 pips on EUR/USD alone, not on trading multiple pairs.

Secondly, the average daily difference between open and close is still about 150 pips. So in order to grab 500 pips on a given day you would have to effectively capture EVERY movement of the intraday pricing. Even if you can do that, on most days you won't even come close to 500 pips.

Now let's do some math:

Let's say that Eur/USD goes up 140 pips between the bottom and the top of a single day. That accounts for about a 1% change in price.

So let's say you don't even capture 500 pips, but instead only manage to snag 420 pips. That is still a 3% return on investment at 1:1 leverage.

If you were using 100:1 leverage that would be a 300% return...IN A SINGLE DAY.

Please stop posting this nonsense. It's embarassing.

#20     Jun 23, 2009