The real profit of stocks

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Jfranco_2003, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Hi, I'm a futures intraday trader and I'm getting interested about stocks. I was watching the AAPL, AMZN and other big USA stocks charts to look if my trading plan can apply here.

I realized that the markets that I trade moves so different. There is a lot of gaps and I couldn't find a clear movement who gives me a clear opportunity. So I concluded that at least, with my trading method I can't be profitable with stocks.:confused:

so I want to ask you what is the real profit of the stocks or how you win money there. Trading? Investing?
    Thanks you.:)

murray t turtle likes this.
  2. _eug_

_eug_

The way I do it is by tracking a sector etf or commodity prices and when those look like they are bottoming I'll go and look at individual stocks in that sector to buy based on them hitting support or making accumulation patterns. Then I hold for swings.

Jfranco_2003 likes this.
  3. stocks are way more 'illiquid' than forex or futures. and bigger gap. price of stocks can gap like 25% overnight or even 50% unlike the futures of ES..

a bear market for index is if market falls more than 10% from highs of the year.

10% is daily gains for stocks. like a $10 stock goes to $11. much more wider in percentages and way more manipulated as the market makers is probably the only buyer and seller. in the stock. and only 1or 5 market makers. for the stock and some only have a few hundred shares in the float.

actually for small traders trading stocks or penny stocks is more profitable and 'easier' to increase your capital. withe less 'work' was trading futures just more work as you are leveraged. and have to put stops etc.

Jfranco_2003 likes this.
  4. %%
    Yes;
    trade+ invest ETFs.With single stock risks I seldom trade or invest in them anymore. Most gaps help, dividends help, as far as ETFs trends.NOT sure you would want to daytrade AMZN; plenty of weeks, only moves 1 or2%, nice wide bid ask spread........................................................

5. Cabin111

Cabin111

[​IMG]

Read this book...You will make (and keep) more money.

Jfranco_2003 likes this.
  6. Deez

Deez

Always love the ‘from planet earth’ locations. Let’s me know you aren’t a real person and or don’t give a flip about anyone on this site. Thank you very much.

7. Deez

Deez

I got cabin fever. And the only prescription is less plugs. Bad book.

8. Cabin111

Cabin111

Have you read the book?? It was on the New York Times best seller list for months...It's not just me!! Don't read the book...Here is the concepts.

Doing this, versus playing options with no experience?? One key stroke, one down computer, and you are busted!!

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct...e-next-door/&usg=AOvVaw0kJ0BHeaK8najWXU9LX8n7

9. Deez

Deez

Personal finances have always been common sense to me. No one should have to advise you to live below your means, etc.

#10     Feb 8, 2020