The real problem with the immigration issue...

Discussion in 'Politics' started by OPTIONAL777, May 7, 2010.

1. As if the supply of drugs drops...when the demand remains constant...

As if the supply of illegals drops...when demand remains constant...

Nitwits, idiotic...

Such an ultimately laughable situation watching free market goons argue their supply side arguments...just ridiculous.

#11     May 7, 2010
  2. What happens every time attempted prohibition of the supply for an existing demand?

Increase in crime, corruption, etc.

Every single time...

Stop the demand, the supply problems vanish.

Nothing could be simpler to understand...

The absolute lunacy of thinking supply of illegals creates a demand for illegals...sheer lunacy.

#12     May 7, 2010
  3. The answer to 50 percent of the problem is much simpler.

The federal government should start a department of lawn care and these people would be charged with taking care of citizens lawns for prices well below what illegal aliens are paid.

The agency would be paid normal civil service wages with the difference being made up by taxing the rich, i.e, people making over 250k per year and selling treasury securities.

The average person would not only get a very nice lawn for an affordable amount, while satiating their hate for short dark skinned day laborers but they would also be getting back at the blood sucking doctors and lawyers who would be paying the lions share for this work.:cool: :D

#13     May 8, 2010
  4. Mav88

Mav88

You guys are all wrong.

We have had illegals before, they entered in place like North Carolina. An example would be the protestant Irish who ran and hid in the Appalachians from the catholics.

The problem is.... There are too many of them, they are uneducated, and they don't like us.

No previous immigrant group would have thought to so rudely wave their flag around, demand their own holidays, demand their own languauge, demand welfare services, demand this- demand that... Why do they do that? It's obvious: they do not respect america nor do they particularly like it's white citizens.

They are here to make a buck, period. They bring with them their own failed culture, which, because they are largely a bunch of nationalistic uneducated trolls, they want to recreate here. They realize in many places they have enough numbers to do that. They are not sophisticated enough to see the contradiction of escaping a failed culture only to try and revive it. It's like an abused person who seeks the comfort of the familiar.

Nothing wrong with wanting a better life, but previous immigrants understood they had to assimiliate. My great grandparents came from Norway, they forbade my grandmother from speaking Norweigan. Contrast that with hispanics who demand their hosts acclimate to their language. Rude, disrespectful, brash.... someday whites are gonna wake up with a real bad hangover.

#14     May 8, 2010
  5. When something is taken by force it certainly delegitimizes its ownership in the hearts and minds of the people it was taken from ...forever.

#15     May 9, 2010
  6. JWS11

JWS11

I'm with you all the way, BUT... easier said than done. As a matter of fact, it'll never be done, I don't think so, the liberals will resist it all the way. So, why not contemplate easier solutions?

1. Make it harder for them to enter by securing our borders better;
    2. Make it more dangerous/unprofitable for those who hire them to benefit from their desperately cheap labor;
    3. Make it abundantly clear that the US does want immigration form Latin America, but we want legal, orderly, controlled immigration. So, big chunks of the (legitimate) Latino community here in the US could be lining up to help with the effort to clean this mess up.

PS. A few years ago, the best science/math students from Europe and Asia used to be given good scholarships to come to our Universities and complete their studies, the plan being that most of them would stay. Now, our immigration roster is crowded by the criminal types: they sneak in and because they are so many our authorities make it harder for the smart immigrants to be invited. This trend needs to be reversed: illegal immigration is not only annoying but has also altered the characteristics of the average immigrant, so that we now don't get the scientists but the criminals.

#16     May 9, 2010
  7. I am in favor of any reasonable remedy.

In the spirit of fairness though, to blame the illegals for the problems is not going to solve the problem.

The illegals are the symptom of, not the cause of the problem...

#17     May 9, 2010