The real lesson - 2 billion in campaign bribes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Nov 7, 2012.

1. jem

jem

first the left changes the definition of conception and now, you are trying to imbue viable with new concepts.

viable means capable of living outside the uterus
    it does not mean potential "life". it does not make a judgment as to life.

#61     Nov 7, 2012
  2. Viable | Define Viable at Dictionary.com
    (of a fetus) having reached such a stage of development as to be capable of
    living, under normal conditions, outside the uterus. 3. Botany. able to live and
    grow.

NOTE "under NORMAL conditions....at 24 weeks I think not. Any rate this is an issue that is still very personal and the fact remains that WOmen resent the hell out of a bunch of old white guys being patronizing and making these choices for women. It wasn't Romney's "smirk" that lost the election its the threat of taking us back to 1954....no thank you. The vast majority of the US consistently votes for CHOICE. Personal, PRIVATE, reproductive rights are not negotiable.

#62     Nov 7, 2012
  3. piezoe

piezoe

Especially ironic considering that one of the ten commandments is :"Thou shalt not kill."

I asked a Baptist once how they reconciled their views on capital punishment in light of the commandments.

the answer: "That commandment only refers to the taking of 'innocent life'.

Leaving aside the question of how one determines which lives are innocent lives (presumably a jury is assigned that task.) I then asked if they were concerned that the only studies done of death row inmates using DNA evidence showed that about one third of those for which DNA evidence was available were found to be innocent of the crimes for which they were sentenced to death. They were not concerned.

Apparently this is just another example of "collateral damage." Unavoidable I suppose when one is doing "God's work."

Two outa three ain't bad!:D

#63     Nov 8, 2012
  4. Ricter

Ricter

"Innocent life" must be in the footnotes, I don't see it in main text. : )

#64     Nov 8, 2012
  5. Would anyone be asking every month for drugs to kill cats or dogs? Making contraception available does not equate to forcing women to use it.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I am a supporter of capital punishment, but doesn't it strike anyone as ironic that the evangelicals love to birth 'em and kill 'em later?

Response from PT: NO, I find it quite rational .

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Finding that quite rational? OK, that speaks volumes and explains a lot about you.

#65     Nov 8, 2012
  6. jem

jem

I thought you meant something deeper...
    That a fetus was not yet "life".
    If you all you meant was that it could live outside the womb, but you were not commenting on whether it was life right now... then I accept you definition (although I would not use your wording.)

#66     Nov 8, 2012
  7. yeah innocent until proven guilty.
    of course that concept is too complicated for libturds to grasp.

#67     Nov 8, 2012
  8. jem

jem

lets change the word... so we can you on the left to understand the concept of liberty and freedom.

If the govt forced you to hand out poison, that if used could result in death of children... would that sit well with you as an american?

#68     Nov 8, 2012