The real lesson - 2 billion in campaign bribes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Nov 7, 2012.

1. As of August 1st of next year, the morning-after pills that must be provided free of charge, from coast to coast, will include Plan B and ella. Both drugs arguably act, in part, as abortifacients — by keeping a fertilized egg (or a newly conceived being) from implanting in the uterine wall. (“Pregnancy” is no longer medically defined as commencing with conception, but days later, at implantation.) None other than Planned Parenthood — a favorite of President Obama — admits that taking a morning-after pill not only helps prevent ovulation but also “thins the lining of the uterus,” adding, “In theory, this could prevent pregnancy by keeping a fertilized egg from attaching to the uterus.”

From the Weekly Standard. If true (provided free), that's extremely f*cked up.

#31     Nov 7, 2012
  2. jem

jem

I am inclined to agree with your solution. there is a certainly a case for free election commercials in exchange for the broadcast license.

#32     Nov 7, 2012
  3. A bunch of em are serving time in ET jail.:D

#33     Nov 7, 2012
  4. And that's why you will never see the story of campaign finance reform come up in any meaningful way in....wait for it...the MEDIA. :D

Now - who would scream louder about losing all that sweet, juicy money and the influence it can get you when greasing the palms of the politicians - Repubs or Dems....? :D

#34     Nov 7, 2012
  5. jem

jem

damn right its true. You were just taken in by these leftist liars like no thinker.

At least you have the brain power to understand the constitutional distinction I have been making. It was not about birth control but a person or organizations constitution right to liberty to not provide drugs with kill human beings.

#35     Nov 7, 2012
  6. thats a red herring with people like you. you are against all birth control supplied as part of a womans insurance drug coverage.
    i have to run now but i will have a story documenting how nutty you catholics are about birth control tomorrow.

#36     Nov 7, 2012
  7. A fertilized egg is not a human being. Life begins with the 1st breath out of the uterus. This is MY spiritual and Religious belief, therefore abortion is not an immoral act. The morning after pill has a place in women's health care. It is a personal and private decision that a WOman should make with consultation from her health care provider and should be covered by insurance as should tubal ligation, vasectomies and other reproductive HEALTH issues.

#37     Nov 7, 2012
  8. jem

jem

so now you are telling me that to a leftist like you a person's constitutional right to liberty is a red herring.

#38     Nov 7, 2012
  9. In Stoic philosophy, pneuma (ðíåῦìá) is the concept of the "breath of life," a mixture of the elements air (in motion) and fire (as warmth).[1] Originating among Greek medical writers who locate human vitality in the breath, pneuma for the Stoics is the active, generative principle that organizes both the individual and the cosmos.

#39     Nov 7, 2012
  10. jem

jem

when a being becomes a protected entity under U.S. law is not the main issue here. There is no need to get philosophical about the definition.

My point is that forcing someone to provide drugs which kill fertilized eggs... regardless of if you believe them to be human beings or not should be seen as abhorent to the constitution.

If I believe that life begins at conception.. who the hell are you or the govt to tell me to help my employees kill such beings. We live in American to be free of such a govt.

If the constitution means nothing to you... then the govt can tell you to take ella or ru and kill your 2nd kid or your daughter.

#40     Nov 7, 2012