The real lesson - 2 billion in campaign bribes

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Nov 7, 2012.

1. jem

jem

The real take away from this election.

T.V. ads move the electorate.
    Massive money is needed.
    The big money gives to both sides.
    The money turns our politicians into prostitutes.

We must stop campaign bribes.

2. Tell that to Citizens United.

3. Some capitalist might think it's good for the economy, at least for the media companies, lobbying groups, and the like. Others might think it's voluntary redistribution of income.

4. BSAM

BSAM

Supreme Court says they are cool with it.

5. The real take away from this election.

people like jem caused the republican loss. the religious nutters extreme views on women and birth control were leaked too early and the women in the country were repulsed.
    you have no right to tell a woman that she cant use birth control and have a say in how many children she will have.

Washington, Nov. 7 (ANI): President Barack Obama campaign's heavy focus on women's issues for the past one year paid off in a big way, resulting him winning the White House race with an 18-point gender gap.

According to CNN's exit polls, 55 percent of women voted for Obama, while only 44 percent voted for Mitt Romney.

Men, however, preferred Romney by a margin of 52 to 45 percent, and women made up about 54 percent of the electorate.

In total, the gender gap on Tuesday added up to 18 percent, a significantly wider margin than the 12-point gender gap in the 2008 election, the Huffington Post reports.

Women's strong support in the swing states gave Obama a significant advantage over Romney, despite his losses among men and independents.

While Obama lost by 10 percentage points among independents in Ohio, he won by 12 points among women in the state.

In New Hampshire, women voted for Obama over Romney by a margin of 58 to 42 percent, while men preferred Romney by a narrow 4-point gap.

Pennsylvania showed a 16-point gender gap that tipped the scale towards Obama, the report said.

According to the report, Romney seemed to struggle to connect with women as a result of the GOP's escalating efforts to limit women's reproductive rights and a series of controversial comments from Republicans about rape, birth control and abortion.

Planned Parenthood president Cecile Richards said on Tuesday that women's health, more than ever, was a decisive issue in the 2012 election.

"This election sends a powerful and unmistakable message to members of Congress and state legislatures all around the country that the American people do not want politicians to meddle in our personal medical decisions," she said in a statement. (ANI)

6. GOP Presidents appointed the justices that resulted in Citizens United. The result is this: http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/campaign-finance

The problem with your argument is that you would be happy as a clam had Romney won last night. Your last post wouldn't exist. The end result is that we're all phucked. What differentiates "you from us" is hypocrisy.

7. Ricter

Ricter

Direct hit.

8. jem

jem

my post was not partisan... you guys are too defensive... I would have expected the backlash from supporters of the republican party.

I said 2 billion... that was a billion each side... get it.
    Now people owe favors for that two billion. Additionally I have complained about campaign bribery many times for years.

Regarding the Supreme Ct. . we should elect justices to do the law. They were doing their job. I disagreed with their conclusion... as I have on obamacare and a few others... luckily they got guantanomo right.
    But so what... when I read the decision, I believe I saw ways around their concerns.

So you try again.

Free thinker you are an asshole who routinely misrepresents another posters arguments. And there is a chance you will see the Supreme knock down obamacare because it imposes rules on institutions which are unconstitutional.

I am not against birth control... I am against telling someone else they must provide b.c. which is abortifacient.

There is a big difference. Its called being concerned about a person rights to life and liberty.

9. coming from someone who, if a scientist says designed in any context, will misrepresent it into claiming the scientist believes in intelligent design is laughable.

10. jem

jem

another complete troll misrepresentation.
    science is too subtle for your brain.

#10     Nov 7, 2012