The Real Deal Is Here

Discussion in 'Journals' started by Shagi, Jun 18, 2011.

1. shagi.. Did you take any trades in stock futures yet ? What is your average hold time in your positions ? What are your profit target & stops? trying to get a idea of your approach, if you don't mind sharing.

#41     Jun 27, 2011
  2. Shagi

Shagi

I think I already answered most of those questions in previous posts.

I trade stock index futures, anything trade-able in futures arena I trade except for toxic single stock futures.

Stops are determined by whats required to make the trade work not just money. It does not mean recklessness. If stop required is too wide I may re-enter the position several times as it goes against me using smaller stops until I decide to give up.

I just prefer doing that than using one huge whooping wide stop. Doing it that way means the only thing I need worry about most of the time is the rightness of my judgement. If I'm right even after small losses it does not take much to get it back and more because I don't play a break-even game when I'm correct.

Profits - who knows how far market will go - I take whatever I'm offered by Mr. Market be it $50 or $5000. Sometimes I may have a certain target in mind but I don't make it rule - market is very good at telling you when to get out and I tend to listen without any derogation.

#42     Jun 27, 2011
  3. Shagi

Shagi

P&L 3 - attached

On softs I was targeting Raw Sugar long and guess what no fill price skidded - damn:mad:

#43     Jun 28, 2011
  4. Shagi

Shagi

Raw Sugar prey flees the lion, no worries get em next time:D

• sb.png
      File size:
      56 KB
      Views:
    #44     Jun 28, 2011
  5. Shagi

Shagi

I got smacked on that Nikkei trade - loss $450.

But then things are really interesting in em Stock Indices - for those that didn't sell out longs today was your last chance - the great train wreck is about to roll and will be putting out more shorts on Stock Indices :D

#45     Jun 29, 2011
  6. Shagi

Shagi

I haven't posted for some time - when I started this thread I wanted to demonstrate publicly how to turn 10K into 100K but realized I could not do so without revealing too much information and also it affected objective thought process, so I stopped. I will update equity periodically with occasional trade updates rather than daily - as of close of play today I have tripled the account to 30K, markets have been good.

#46     Aug 18, 2011
  7. Shagi

Shagi

With 30K account I'm now trading less frequently and focusing only on swinging for colossal home runs as risk of small account ruin is negligible - starting with Copper - Im short today and looking for capitulation by end next week. Enjoy the copper horror show:D

#47     Aug 22, 2011
  8. Shanb

Shanb

Did you end up taking any positions in the equity markets earlier this month? Also, any opinion going forward?

#48     Aug 22, 2011
  9. Shagi, whats your thought process with copper?

#49     Aug 22, 2011
  10. Shagi

Shagi

Yes eventually I caught the sell off - my initial short positions were a bit premature as stocks rallied for 6/7 consecutive days. I put out the shorts at the end of each day and getting stopped out so after 3 losing losing days I waited until the 1st sell off day and went short. Stocks were acting irrationally as both US & European bonds were singing a different story, just like this rally today.

#50     Aug 23, 2011