The REAL Cause of the Global Obesity Epidemic

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Banjo, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Banjo

Banjo

2. Eight

Eight

I might stay in California for awhile. Bisphenol-A was banned last year. That's a start.

Did anybody read the really stupid comments after the articles about how fat people are just lazy, etc? The articles showed that babies are fatter and it has nothing to do with their diet and exercise! And some rats were fatter even though their diet and exercise was exactly the same as the control group..

3. In 2006 scientists at the Harvard School of Public Health reported that the prevalence of obesity in infants under 6 months had risen 73 percent since 1980. “This epidemic of obese 6-month-olds,” as endocrinologist Robert Lustig of the University of California, San Francisco, calls it, poses a problem for conventional explanations of the fattening of America. “Since they’re eating only formula or breast milk, and never exactly got a lot of exercise, the obvious explanations for obesity don’t work for babies,”

----------------------

Babies are fat.No surprise there. Fat mothers. Anyone check correlation with gestational diabetes and fat babies. Mothers poor eating habits give those babies a sugar high.

Secondly, anyone seen the news on the amount of dental surgeries being done on baby teeth.Dentists are appalled.Kids mouths are full of cavities.

4. Actually babies are fatter because of their diet. Many babies nowadays are on formula instead of breast milk. Look at any child that is 100% on breast milk and they are much smaller and thinner than babies that are 100% on formula. We recently gave some enfamil formula to 2 different people that had some small babies. In 1 month, it was a huge difference in how much weight they gained. By the time a kid is 12 months old they are a little pudgy if they are 100% on formula, but at 12 months you put them on regular milk and food and not to mention they should be walking by then(exercise) and they lose the weight. If the kids don't run around and play though and just sit in front of the TV, they will be a little fatter than normal kids. So yeah...babies do get fat because of lack of exercise and eatting too much.

5. Eight

Eight

yes but they had some rat studies where the rats had the same diet and exercise but the poisoned ones were fatter.. There is a little more to the story about "fat = calories in vs calories burned in exercise". The body can do more things with calories than just move muscles..

on a personal level, my grandmother knew that starches made people fat. I mean, that's like 60 years ago. "Science" only figured that out about 1990 or so? She told us to not eat bread, potatoes, etc and we would not be fat. Recently I just stopped eating bread one day. I lost weight, my energy level went up.. then I saw a video of a 109 year old guy that had learned to not eat white food [white flour, potatoes, sugar, etc] early on in life.. so I stopped eating potatoes and wow, weight went down a tad more and energy further up the scale..

6. Sweet potatoes are ok though, right?