The "Rapture"

Discussion in 'Politics' started by RangeBar, Oct 30, 2009.

1. I sort of don't believe the Rapture theory... for one single reason: it was cooked up by a Jesuit...

#11     Oct 30, 2009
  2. Of course it is absurd to blame Christianty, Islam, Judeaism or any other religious philosophy for the evil in the world. Greed is the cause of all misery and it just gets clothed in the cloak of 'religion'. Who would deny that Christianity was the philosophy that tore down the beliefs that 'leaders' were the acendents of the gods. To deny the contributions of Christianity, Islam, Buddism and other superstitions is ridiculous. I can point out 20 aspects of these religious beliefs and the US Constitution/Bill of Rights that assert the very same thoughts.

However, we have reached the point in our evolution that disposes of all of those superstitions. Now is the time to realize that our choices lie, not in superstitions, but in how we are going to apply our knowledge of science and clear understandings of commonm sense. Will we accept that ALL of us are constrainted by our limitations of 'training' (indoctination)? Will we accept the fact that nobody KNOWS what we were BEFORE this life (if anything) and have no more info concerning what is coming AFTER this life (if anything).

The basic fact of the matter is this: THERE IS NO EVIDENCE FOR THE EXISTENCE OF A CREATOR OR A LIFE AFTER DEATH. Accept that fact. Better yet; SMiLE- there is no HELL !! In the end, all we can do is act in a HUMANIST manner to ensure the absolute maximim degree of freedom and self-expression. It is hard: try your best to stop thinking about yourself for a change.

#12     Oct 30, 2009
  3. Thank you for confusing the issue with the facts.

#13     Oct 30, 2009
  4. First, show me a person who has correctly predicted the Superbowl winner for 30 years straight: I'll even spot you the 'before the playoffs even start' criteria. Then you'll get my attention.

I've read the Bible a couple of times. Even won a Championship, #1 scholar in the book of Acts in a Christian summer camp more years ago than I care to think about. I have several versions of the Bible on my bookshevles: in the Fiction section.

The "prophecies" cited in the Bible, or more correctly, cited by the followers of the Bible, are vague and inconclusive at the very least. Many are outright contradictory.

In any event, believe what you want but, my ONLY point is this: let's assume that all the superstitious stuff that HURTS the individual is WRONG and let's structure society to suppress that belief. Let's work toward the end of ENHANCING individual freedom & expression and let the god(s) sort it out in the end.

#14     Oct 30, 2009
  5. That's what Lenin said.

#15     Oct 31, 2009
  6. Lenin and Lennon were right.

#16     Oct 31, 2009
  7. This makes no sense whatsoever.
    If by your assumption a superstitious belief hurts an individual it already "surpress(es) that belief".

There is no need for zealots such as yourself to "structure" society for" ENHANCING individual freedom & expression " .

I'm sorry but somehow I get the feeling your solution for "ENHANCING individual freedom & expression " reminds me of 1984 usage.

#17     Oct 31, 2009
  8. My feelings as a Christian points me to my Lord and Savior as a fighter. It points me to the man who once in loneliness, surrounded only by a few followers, recognized these Jews for what they were and summoned men to fight against them and who, God's truth! was greatest not as a sufferer but as a fighter. In boundless love as a Christian and as a man I read through the passage which tells us how the Lord at last rose in His might and seized the scourge to drive out of the Temple the brood of vipers and adders. How terrific was His fight for the world against the Jewish poison. To-day, after two thousand years, with deepest emotion I recognize more profoundly than ever before in the fact that it was for this that He had to shed His blood upon the Cross. As a Christian I have no duty to allow myself to be cheated, but I have the duty to be a fighter for truth and justice.... And if there is anything which could demonstrate that we are acting rightly it is the distress that daily grows. For as a Christian I have also a duty to my own people.... When I go out in the morning and see these men standing in their queues and look into their pinched faces, then I believe I would be no Christian, but a very devil if I felt no pity for them, if I did not, as did our Lord two thousand years ago, turn against those by whom to-day this poor people is plundered and exploited.

-Adolf Hitler, in his speech in Munich on 12 April 1922
    ------------------------------------

Let me guess peil - your christianity is the "right interpretation" and Hitler's was the "wrong interpretation."

How about this: both "interpretations" are based on mythology? And therefore - worthless.

#18     Oct 31, 2009
  9. True enough, but it seems you take the position that you are absolutely certain there is no God. Absolute certainty on the subject is impossible and those that are absolutely certain that there is no God are as crazy, and as dangerous, as those that are absolutely certain that there is.

#19     Oct 31, 2009

10. complete total nonsense. It is obvious to all that "der fuhrer" twisted the Bible to turn people against Jews. Jesus himself was a Jew and
    merely exposed the religious leaders of his day as "hypocrites",
    "white-washed graves". The very thing Hitler became and much worse. Mankind has never seen the likes of liars and occultists Hitler/Goebbels since
    and hopefully never will again.

#20     Oct 31, 2009