The Rally Since 1PM . . .

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Landis82, Mar 11, 2008.

1. S2007S

S2007S

will do, bought DUG today

next buys

DXD under 55
    FXP under 80
    SDS under 59
    TWM under 77

still quite far away but we all know that sometimes the bulls can push the markets up for weeks or even months at a time like we saw in 2007, but we all know the bull market is done and that the bear is back, so any huge 5-7% rallies will be of course shorted with plenty of inverse funds.....

#51     Mar 11, 2008
  2. MKTrader

MKTrader

Let's see...it's not a double bottom because...

The Fed stepped in? Do yourself a favor and mark all the big Fed surprises on 10 to 15 years of S&P or Dow charts. You'll be amazed how many double-bottoms and huge up candles the Fed caused. And you know what? Many of these ended serious corrections or caused multi-week rallies during bear markets.

If you're good, you can pick out the turning point of the 1998 decline. Guess what? It occured on a day with a surprise Fed rate cut.

#52     Mar 11, 2008
  3. With all due respect, you are truly a moron.

Moreover, your ability to "rationalize" yourself away from catching rallies in the market is second to none. Do us ALL a favor and stop posting in the Trader's Forum. You obviously are NOT a TRADER.

#53     Mar 11, 2008
  4. Do you remember this double bottom? Just about the same time 7 years ago.

We never made a higher high, but we sure made a lower low.

Bottom line the jury is still out folks.

#54     Mar 11, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

why so bitter landis, no need to be on a day where probably 98% of traders made money....

someone is angry, all i know is my portfolio is up about 1.5% today.....

Im not being left anywhere, I do hold plenty of other positions, my portfolio is usually 50-70% stocks and the rest in cash, the cash is what is what I daytrade with.

#55     Mar 11, 2008
  6. Landis your clueless, I bet you’re a wave and Fibonacci trader right. So are you calling this the bottom if so just say it, speak up.

#56     Mar 11, 2008
  7. Most traders that I know would love to catch a 220 point surge in the S&P.

I guess for you, you'd rather play the "naysayer" and sit on the sidelines holding your "herman" playing "could have, would have, should have . . ."

#57     Mar 11, 2008
  8. S2007S

S2007S

I will say it again, its not a bottom because the fed stepped in, I will repeat that 10000's times if I have to, I dont care about the fed surprises, the fed has been throwing surprises at this market since the middle of 2007 and guess what, nothing has happened, but more credit problems. I dont care how far they go, the credit problems are still here, one 400 point gain doesnt make everything better nor do the rate cuts expected at the march 18th meeting. The bottom is not in, expect more downside, this is a bear market now, say goodbye to the bull for at least another 2 years.

#58     Mar 11, 2008
  9. S2007S

S2007S

he is a wave and Fibonacci trader, I remember when the dow and nasdaq were in bull mode in mid to late 2007 and he mentioned how higher it was going based on technicals, man was he wrong.

#59     Mar 11, 2008
  10. Not bitter at all.

But you seem to have no problem appearing in a "Trader's Forum" and continually banging the drum of the Bear when you clearly do not TRADE for a living.

Today's rally was a TRADER'S DREAM!!!

And yet you admittedly couldn't get yourself to buy into it because you rationalized your way into thinking otherwise.

Trader's do not rationalize the direction of the market. They go with it!

For some unknown reason, you fail to embrace this key concept.

#60     Mar 11, 2008