The radical moral implications of luck in human life

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dealmaker, Mar 7, 2019.

1. volpri

volpri

Henry Ford summed it up. “The harder I work the luckier I get”

I would add smarter to harder.

#51     Mar 8, 2019
    _eug_ likes this.
  2. volpri

volpri

Ralph Waldo Emerson said: “All successful men have agreed in being causationist.”

See, they see themselves as the CAUSE, not the effect, of whatever happens in their lives.

Unsuccessful people generally believe themselves to be the effect of their environment.

#52     Mar 8, 2019
    Stockolio likes this.
  3. CSEtrader

CSEtrader

I do not know the realty you are speaking about, only from some reading. Very sad.

However, even if one brought up in the depressive reality it cannot give him rights to be rude and offensive and using bad words, especially in public.

So, there is a big difference between saying the truth and sending negativity and bs words to others.

#53     Mar 8, 2019
  4. volpri

volpri

To achieve what you want in life you must have a paradigm shift. And that shift can be painful to acknowledge, accept and even consider.

YOU MUST COME TO THE REALIZATION THAT YOU ALONE ARE THE CAUSE AND PRIMARY SOURCE OF YOUR ENVIRONMENT, SITUATIONS, AND CONDITIONS IN YOUR LIFE.

Whatever your environment and world looks like at this moment, you and you alone have caused it to look that way. Your life, health, finances, your relationships, and your job...it is ALL your doing, yours and no one else’s. You will probably deny this to be THE CASE. That is your problem..not mine..

ROFLMAO

#54     Mar 8, 2019
    CSEtrader likes this.
  5. volpri

volpri

You are the cause and source of everything that happens in your life. It is all your creation and not anyone else’s. I am too. So... we have to assume responsibility. And assume responsibility for changing them.

Last edited: Mar 8, 2019
    #55     Mar 8, 2019
  6. volpri

volpri

Objective. Commitment to the objective.

#56     Mar 8, 2019
  7. ironchef

ironchef

It was luck sir. Pure luck I stumbled onto a job I love, if I hated my job, I wouldn't be work hard at all.

#57     Mar 8, 2019
  8. Pekelo

Pekelo

I don't think people connect luck and hard work together. Kylie sure isn't working hard. Maybe on her make up.

#58     Mar 8, 2019
    Seaweed likes this.
  9. Seaweed

Seaweed

I think an interesting question would be if we could switch up the people. Insert the kid who grew up in a good home into an area with very little hope and opportunity, but with all the so called skills about hard work and nurturing. How far can he be expected to get having the right mindset but very little opportunity if he is born in the wrong country/city, born the wrong color, etc.? Likewise, take a kid from some God forgotten place and put him into a nice environment with opportunity.

I bet that if you repeat this experiment 100 times, you would arrive at a highly statistically significant result which shows that in the place of opportunity, your chances of success are so much better, no matter how underprivileged you started, than if you start with the right mindset, but get thrown into a hell hole.

#59     Mar 8, 2019
  10. volpri

volpri

Most people, by the time they grow up into being adults, have their minds made up about life and they find it extremely hard to change. And they don’t really want to be challenged with any change concerning their views and beliefs. They just don’t want to be bothered with it.

#60     Mar 8, 2019