The radical moral implications of luck in human life

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by dealmaker, Mar 7, 2019.

1. volpri

volpri

Were you born wealthy AND educated?

#121     Mar 21, 2019
  2. Lol, no but Sig always loves to tell how educated and wealthy he is, oh yes, and he is incredibly entrepreneurial and knows everything about start ups and computer science and the military. Sad truth is just that he has so far shown nothing that would in any way support his stories of vast success in life. To me he sounds more like a disgruntled service man, who could not handle the fact that after his military gig not the entire nation bowed down on its knees before him but instead moved on with their lives. Oh, and he has a hard on for anyone who makes jokes about gays. Boy must this man hate Louis Ck.

#122     Mar 28, 2019
  3. Sig

Sig

How very mature of you to search for all my recent posts to let loose a juvenile diatribe because you're angry at me for an unrelated post. You must be very proud of your big bad self.

As I've offered a few others of your type, I'm happy to set up a meeting at my office and we can talk business all you want, just PM me. Until then, you can put up or shut up.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2019
    #123     Mar 28, 2019
  4. Just empty words. Where is your coding skills when others ask for help? Never seen anything from you. Where is your workstation or server photos? Diploma? What business by the way? This is a trading forum not a tourist business where customers sit down in your office for a chat over coffee. I would never ask anyone to prove a thing because it's not my business. But you seem to have such self-validation and self-worth issues that you constantly seem to have to tell others how super educated and successful you are. Yet you never supported your wild claims with anything. Not sure you were made aware of this but you sound like someone how has issues with his self confidence. Why else would someone talk about a degree he got many years ago. Or the military he left a while ago. And why talk business via PM? Why can't talk business here in front of everyone? Just a little weird....lets leave it at that

#124     Mar 28, 2019
  5. Sig

Sig

So it's shut up then I see.

#125     Mar 28, 2019
  6. Agree with that take but isn't that the whole point of the story that what/where someone is born into can't be credited to that person but hinges on external factors, some call it luck. One aspect you did not mention is living a purpose driven life, that I have not seen in many people who are mostly motivated by money, a purpose driven life can be had by anyone born into any circumstance. And I would argue that a purpose driven life provides the most amount of happiness and satisfaction, much more so than any material wealth

#126     Mar 28, 2019
    SimpleMeLike likes this.
  7. Sig, your real problem is you waste too much time engaging politely with imbeciles. If you want a read on Grul's personality, check out the posts of his previous handles: AsiaProp, AmazingIndustry, VolPunter, Zzz1, NudlStrudl... and a few others I can't recall at the moment. He clearly has mental-health issues.... and he's also virulently anti-semitic. Maybe the two things are related.

He can't come visit you as he lives in Hong Kong and the busses don't run that far. He is his own shop, retail FX biased-market-making on IB's in-house FX ECN -- so calling himself a professional is a stretch. English is not his first language so you have to cut him a little slack on his more nonsensical pronousncements... but not much slack.

#127     Mar 28, 2019
  8. Sig

Sig

Of course you are right, and normally I wouldn't fuck with an Aspie but the whole bigot thing puts him back in limits. It was fun though to walk him right into demonstrating that the things companies do that he doesn't like are done specifically to get folks like him to self-identify and leave or stay away in the first place in the "Apple remembers GE, issues credit card" thread that led to this little gem of his.

#128     Mar 28, 2019
  9. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

He’s a German living in Hong Kong who has some pro-nazi views. You got a taste of it.

There was a post where he defended the invasion of Poland and another where he advocated for the invasion of Greece by Germany (because of grexit).

He also posted anti-Semitic rants a few times.

Highly argumentative and doesn’t actually provide much to the forum other than his bigoted view points.

#129     Mar 28, 2019
    CSEtrader likes this.
  10. Funny, coming from the guy who hardly ever added value to any coding threads or threads where expertise is required. At least I added images of my set up and actively participate in coding and ai based threads. Would love to see yours. You are just a hater who is realous that others have more going and are at a different level in this game than you are.

#130     Mar 29, 2019