The race to 10 MM

Discussion in 'Trading' started by Pekelo, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Pekelo

Pekelo

I always thought you need balls more for this kind of "trading", than skills. As long as your strategy works for the times AND you have balls to swing it, you are going to make it rain...

Irishdud already lost it all back twice, so there is that...

#11     Jun 10, 2021
    johnnyrock likes this.
  2. roca

roca

Yea true you need balls but also not just reckless balls. You have to do something where you have some edge and have the balls to go heavy on it but not just whatever. Last earnings GME tanked as well

#12     Jun 10, 2021
  3. VicBee

VicBee

Hindsight is 100%. These guys all talk about their winnings afterwards. Yes, it took balls to throw hundreds of thousands of $ into the meme stocks, but that's gambling, not trading. The meme stocks went way up and they became way rich. CLOV went from 8 to 28 in a 2-3 days and back down to 14 a day later. Whenever you bought or sold on that time-line says nothing about trading skills.

#13     Jun 11, 2021
  4. I have a feeling his gonna bust or lose a lot due to being overly leveraged.

It's too much too fast.

#14     Jun 11, 2021
  5. newwurldmn

newwurldmn

It was always gambling.

#15     Jun 11, 2021
    ITM_Latino likes this.
  6. Pekelo

Pekelo

When should they talk about it, before they make it big? By the way they do, that is what the thread is about, making it to 10 MM.

Boy, you just can't satisfy everyone.... And yes they post their positions right after they make them, so instead of whinning, you could just join them for the ride...

I would rather be a winning gambler than a losing trader, that is what I am saying. :)

"About 250k after taxes on the gme and about 500k on the spy calls( yes I literally put all of the gme money into spy calls) now I'm in the FAGMAN plus nvda and amd stonks qqq and spy with 20% cash. Boomer city"

Last edited: Jun 11, 2021
    #16     Jun 11, 2021
    scoobie27 and guru like this.
  7. VicBee

VicBee

Impressive today, maybe far less in 2 years.

#17     Jun 11, 2021
  8. guru

guru

The whole WSB is about Wall Street Bets, which by default means gambling, not trading, so why complain about trading when they’re not trading. WSB got overcrowded so some people organize in other forums. Gamblers do organize contests and can have friendly competitions. It’s fun to watch for some, but if no interest to you then no reason to complain that something that is not trading is indeed not trading.
    Personally I want to see some action and excitement in the form of gambling using stocks. Some people can do this better than others, just like some people can play poker better than others, so possibly it could even qualify as professional gambling.

#18     Jun 11, 2021
  9. VicBee

VicBee

I don't disagree as I also gamble these stocks. It's more roulette than poker, and i wouldn't be surprised if we learn months from now that some winners are arrested for Section 9(a)(2) or other violations, especially the recurring winners...

#19     Jun 11, 2021
  10. guru

guru

SEC looks at thousands of people who don’t lose on trading due to actually having tremendous illegal edges. If they pursued people who lose they’d not only embarras themselves and be accused of wasting time, but also would lose the cases and make it more difficult to later pursue actual cheaters and manipulators.

#20     Jun 11, 2021