The put up just shut up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by T/A_Bo, Jul 16, 2002.

1. Different government, but take, for example, BOJ Yen/$ interventions, as a prime example of governments trying to stop a runaway train.

Then again, Japan has lots of problems, and this is just one.

#51     Jul 16, 2002
  2. One thing that no one ever mentions in regards to the PPT is that maybe these are short covering buys? With the VIX screaming in the 40's, the only way to cover your option premium is to trade a boat load of futures. I guarantee you that option houses such as THill, Hull, and Susq are long premium in this market. They probably are long index vol and short some individual stock vol. A 400 point move in the Dow lets them buy size in the futures.

#52     Jul 16, 2002
  3. Of course, it could have all just been short covering. I'm sure there was "panic" short covering, but it was triggered by a massive purchase of futures by somebody unknown. I'm just speculating on who that really was and what motivated them.

Also, i'm pretty sure it is against the rules for large pension funds to collude to manipulate the markets. Unless of course, they had special permission from somewhere.

#53     Jul 17, 2002
  4. Rigel

Rigel

The indexes were manipulated upwards today during Greenspans testimony.:)

#54     Jul 17, 2002
  5. well, with futures bid up 20 this morning the big boys gots to be pattin' themselves on the back

the put up just spoke up?

#55     Jul 17, 2002
  6. with today's morning highs factored in, the dow has had a 478 point swing within the space of 2 1/2 sessions.

the midpoint no man's land of this swing is 8484- basically exactly where we are now as I type.

maybe everyone is saying screw it, step aside and let the program traders kill each other, see what's what when this moronic fistfight is done.

that's what i'm sayin' ennywayz...

#56     Jul 17, 2002
  7. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

If there is anything that a newer trader should have learned over the last 3 sessions it is this;

WHEN THEY ARE GOING TO SELL YOU BEST BELIEVE THEY WON'T BE DOING IT IN THE WHOLE!

Publias

#57     Jul 17, 2002
  8. or how 'bout

"When Godzilla and Mothra fight, do like the Japanese and flee"

#58     Jul 17, 2002
  9. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

As my man Ricky Waters was so fond of saying 'for who? for what?'

This is about as good as it gets for guys like me Dark!!!
    This is MINT :D

#59     Jul 17, 2002
  10. then work it baby work it

#60     Jul 17, 2002