The put up just shut up?

Discussion in 'Trading' started by T/A_Bo, Jul 16, 2002.

1. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

Dark,

You can't really say it would absolutely be a dumb thing. It dosen't take much to spark a rally in a deep oversold bear market. Who's to say that the articial bottom would not turn out to be the aboslute bottom that perpetuated more buying and more buying???

You just never know right? :)

Publias

#21     Jul 16, 2002
  2. It has been called the "Plunge Protection Squad".

They operate in several phases:

1) Notify all members of the "Club" that action is impending.

2) Wait an agreed upon period of time to allow "Club" members to cover substantial short positions.

3) Provide "Free" funds to members to buy it up enough to erase most of the recent losses.

4) Let CNBC and the other shills bring back in the suckers.

Sounds like J.P. Morgan and the boys to me.

~EC

#22     Jul 16, 2002
  3. Given my recent "discussions" (to give you more credit than you deserve) with you, you, yourself certainly qualify for first and third.

#23     Jul 16, 2002
  4. T/A_Bo

T/A_Bo

I'll never forget the surprise fed easing that cause the ultimate blow off top. The market was a nobrainer countertrend short off an oversold move in a nice uptrend. Super sweet shorts around, then in the middle of nowhere Greenspam eased...... IMO to stave off the selldown.

Had the same market ignorance feel to it back then. Nobody is bigger then the market, they can only affect or dely the trends
    they cannot control..

But for stupid reasons or brilliant ones, as Publias so rightly says... you take your stops and ride the market the other way :) I did very well off that fed ease, the trend that followed was very strong.

Good Luck and Good Trading!

-Bo Yoder

#24     Jul 16, 2002

5. this is great! now i'm being randomly insulted?

you start something by calling me names and then get mad when i return your serve with more power than you can handle?

all you chip on the shoulder guys are the same, you try to tear down others and make yourself look worse.

and don't tell me you don't care, or else you wouldn't have taken the trouble to write what you just did...i'm only a year older than you, but you could stand to grow up a little yo.

i tell you what, post a poll 'is darkhorse an ass, yes or no,' then reregister yourself over and over and vote yes 50 times, just to make yourself feel better.

#25     Jul 16, 2002
  6. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

C'mon bro get a life! While you may not agree with what Dark has to say or the manner in which he expresses it why resort to pettiness... You are making yourself look foolish!

Publias

#26     Jul 16, 2002
  7. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

Be careful not to argue with fools my friend, for someone at a distance may not know who's who :)

#27     Jul 16, 2002

8. You are completely correct. My attempt to push his buttons and infuriate him most certainly backfired. Twas only to be but a joke, nevertheless, it is a nasty habit which I must endeavour to exorcise. Sorry!

#28     Jul 16, 2002
  9. PubliasEnigma

PubliasEnigma Guest

:) cool... You are both very intelligent people and I enjoy both of your posts... I didn't want to have to cast you on the ignore list with that Lundy guy :)

#29     Jul 16, 2002
  10. lundy on ignore! Come man! You deny yourself a fertile source of entertainment!

#30     Jul 16, 2002