The Pump, and The Dump (LVS)

Discussion in 'Stocks' started by Redneck, Feb 21, 2011.

1. Redneck

Redneck

Here’s an overview of the landscape, as of Feb 22, 2011

Are we building a bull flag, continuation (strong hands acquiring more inventory for another move up)

Or a Resistance area where price is being supported while the strong hands transfer inventory to the weak, and once complete will remove the support and devour the weak

Inquiring minds would be wondering

RN

#11     Feb 22, 2011
  2. Redneck

Redneck

Let’s review;

Day 3 ~ 1:03 pm EST

On one hand we have the vp of strategy…, for a TV show on a financial station…, who makes what I would classify as a “less than” stellar call (and I’m being overly generous imo).., then on the other hand…, we have a baby…, on tv…, who is apparently an investing genius

Making money from the stock market is so easy – a baby could do it….

No wonder the public is so screwed, and screwed up…

=============================================================================================

Look, I have absolutely no compunction about taking your money straight up trading – you and me…, and let the best trader win… but I will never cheat you out of a dime…

Unfortunately this business is fraught with people who will.

No one… and I mean no one – no matter how smug…, no matter how many letters behind their name… no matter their claim to fame… ever knows what a stock’s price will do….

Please; don’t be fooled…, don’t be intimated.., and don’t drink the kool aid

=============================================================================================

I imagine LVS’s price will rally, possibly to the moon, at some point…, but it hasn’t in the last two and a half days… would you have wanted…, or enjoyed…, being long

Said my piece on this matter…, I am done

Caveat emptor
    RN

#12     Feb 23, 2011
  3. Redneck

Redneck

Just so there are no appearances of impropriety.., or me seeming to ignore the facts

Price rallied – who could have imagined

And ain’t it peculiar where price decided to roost for the night

Where will price go tomorrow – I have absolutely no clue

I used to post this saying;

I have absolutely no clue where price will go…, nor do I need to… I will simply trade what I see and let come what may

Stick a fork in it – we’re done

RN

#13     Feb 23, 2011
  4. luisHK

luisHK

LVS was up 2% premarket after the Macau february record revenue announcement but is now -4.5 %.

I got 1000extra shares when it fell :mad:

How did you read the annual report LVS filed this morning ? Is it much worse than expected by analysts ?

LVS also got upgraded by Credit Suisse this morning

#14     Mar 1, 2011
  5. luisHK

luisHK

MGM and Wynn following WTF !?!

#15     Mar 1, 2011
  6. luisHK

luisHK

Is it because of the subponea ?

#16     Mar 1, 2011
  7. luisHK

luisHK

Any feedback on the investigation's consequence for LVS ? isn't that a manageable issue for a booming company, with the great numbers coming for the far east ?

Sill long 2000shares :confused:

#17     Mar 1, 2011
  8. Redneck

Redneck

Luis

Sorry wasn't ignoring you…, I simply haven’t checked this thread since I stuck a fork in it

I don’t recommend / share actual trading advice - on any stock - to anyone – ever (simply not my gig)

If you’re still long – I assume you’re following your plan…, If you’re not following your plan – I dunno... (and if you're out it doesn't matter)

As to all the legal stuff you reference – I had/ have no clue it existed.. Nor will I research it – now that you've told me it exists….

I day trade what’s on the chart, and absolutely nothing else

I will say price broke out, to the down side, of its weekly/ monthly range

Where will price go next week, next month, next year – no clue

Regards
    RN

#18     Mar 4, 2011