The psychology of the ET contrarian indicators

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by B. Rowshan, May 5, 2009.

Who is the best contrarian indicator on ET?

1. stock trad3r

26 vote(s)
    53.1%
  2. port1385

14 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. marketsmurfer

9 vote(s)
    18.4%
  1. Holy crap, I truly never saw that one coming!

I would have never guessed Stock Trad3r and Port were one and the same, since he really does alter up their 'personalities'.

Trad3r practically never gets belligerent- even in response to direct insults... while port goes around deliberately picking fights.
    Multiple personality disorder like that movie? "Me, myself and port1385" :D

#51     May 9, 2009
  2. Oh, and another thing.

Keynes's apt observation, that markets can stay irrational longer than you can remain solvent, is often repeated in this forum. With this in mind, how do you explain your relative disregard for price action? And if you are not specifically trying to time price action, then what are you trying to time, and how do you go about it? Are you trying to capitalize on other people's rational behavior, their irrational behavior or the intersection of the two? Can you see why I'm confused?

As for the Chemical guy who loved market timers because they were the only ones selling below value, are you suggesting that markets should be traded solely on the basis of rational fundamental criteria irrespective of price action and market sentiment? Let's hope that you're not leveraged when you do so -- Keynes, and all that. I think a more accurate assessment is that the Chemical guy liked market timers when they weren't timing well or in the proper time frame.

#52     May 10, 2009
  3. Welcome back :cool:

#53     May 12, 2009