The Psychology of SCT

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Arthur Deco, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Masochism, would be actually reading all grob/hersheys posts to try and get this method.

"splashed out the baby with water"?
    Now, thats worth reading, thats hilarious. :D

#81     Sep 6, 2007
  2. lastcall

lastcall

You've just taken out everything Jack, and left price/volume which has been around before Jack wrote his first E-pamphlet in the 18th century..

So yes as long as you take out SCT it is a fine concept

#82     Sep 6, 2007
  3. No need to read all his posts to grasp quite an easy and useful concept of price/volume relationship, looking at several charts in Spy's thread is far enough for a sane person. :)

As for other stuff maybe I'll find it useful later, maybe not, but would not critique it because who in his mind would critique such obviously good tools as str/sqw (TICK can be used for the same purpose) or DOM or T&S etc...

Just someone with a lot of experience would prolly just not need them to trade profitably, someone would incorporate something and will improve his trading... We're all different, so saying that something is absolute crap is very childish and doesn't make much sense if your goal is to really improve your trading skills.

I am not talking here about claims about "3x daily range" etc. Simply don't care about them. Care about only one thing: is something from this method can be useful for me or not...

#83     Sep 6, 2007
  4. AFAIK Jack always admitted that he took this concept from other authors.

And yes I also read Wycoff articles before I read Jack's posts.

But probably due to lack ot examples or something else I was not able to understand how valuable it is until saw Spy's samples.

That's it. Again I care about SCT only as a set of observations and tools, claims assotiated with it don't bother me at all.

I simply don't need as much as 3X daily range per day per car. :D

#84     Sep 6, 2007
  5. lastcall

lastcall

Well how convenient seeing as Jack and Spyder have never seen it either :p

#85     Sep 6, 2007
  6. Someone mentioned Jack went down early in a post, did he pass away?

#86     Sep 6, 2007
  7. plodder

plodder

Jack will never die. To his fanboys he is like "mother" in Hitchcock's "Psycho."

#87     Sep 6, 2007
  8. lastcall

lastcall

No but the funeral for SCT is scheduled for end of year

#88     Sep 6, 2007
  9. deity

deity

Well he certainly is as scary as her with that ponytail

[​IMG]

#89     Sep 18, 2007
  10. Tums

Tums