The Psychology Of A Bear Market .

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by bgp, Nov 15, 2007.

1. bgp

bgp

IF IT SOUNDS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE,IT IS. THIS IS IN REGUARDS TO EVERYTHING IS OK NOW.

BGP

2. They just need some dumb bids so the they don't crash the market.

Man Larry Kudlow said everything was fine hurry buy buy.

3. bgp

bgp

I know.it's crazy, but maybe the joke will be on me ? :)

bgp

4. People got burned in 2000 dotcom market. Next up was real estate. Those that got burned in stocks invested in real estate. We are all trying to gather up some retirement funds. Some traded up homes others tried investment real estate. There is going to be some fallout in confidence in this country.

I doubt following the course from failed stock investing to failed real estate investing is going to lead to another try in stocks. It is too short of a time span. As if people are going to have any money to invest anyways.

5. bgp

bgp

yes.

bgp

6. Just wait until thelast leg up...then the blow-off. Those that survive with their assets in tact won't be licking their wounds and looking for a new speculative vehicle. They'll be in full survival mode.

The gap between the classes will widen as most won't be prepared after the fallout. Job losses and no savings.

I'm thinking alot of money people do have will go into specialized instruments like these: http://wisdomtree.com/home.asp
    I believe these type models will be the funds of funds and retirement stables of 2010 and beyond.

Disclosure:I have funds in several of Wisdomtree's ETF's and 0 shares of WSDT's company stock.

7. nikkei sell signal... the signals are rare on a historical timescale...of years.

8. previous sell signal...

9. Yeah, looks conclusive, I'm seeing alot of long term distribution and breakdown. Now I'm just waiting for the suckers then the blow-offs.

10. bgp

bgp

infolode, do you feel we have another leg up (new high) yet to be made ? i myself think it's possible, but unlikely. i think the dow bottoms in the week of 12-2 , but how much of a rally and for how long not sure. i am looking at purchasing jci the week of 12-2. just looking at a pattern.

bgp

#10     Nov 17, 2007