The pros are getting ready for a market crash — retail investors, not so much, top economist warns

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bugsy, Sep 2, 2020.

1. smallfil

smallfil

That is why you read the stockcharts. The big boys (hedge funds, mutual funds, brokers and banks) are the ones who run up and also, crash the stockmarket. It is not the legions of amateur retail traders without a clue. They are the ones who the big boys take monies from. A lot of ET trolls have called a market top and bear market like over 6 months ago and counting. All of them are wrong because those guys do not have a clue. When ET trolls start telling you to buy stock because it is headed for the moon, that is the time to consider getting out. Stockcharts should tell you ahead of time while, the ET trolls lose what is left of their monies as the market tanks.

#11     Sep 2, 2020
    Bugsy likes this.
  2. smallfil

smallfil

#12     Sep 2, 2020
    Nobert, Bugsy and Tradex like this.
  3. maxinger

maxinger

Newbie economists are making too many mistakes.

" The professional traders are treating each trading day as a great trading day.
    Retail investors are worried about a market crash. " : top professional trader says.

#13     Sep 2, 2020
    KCalhoun, Bugsy and smallfil like this.
  4. Stockboy

Stockboy

Are these the same "pros" that were calling what proved to be the fastest and most violently bullish recovery in recent market history a "dead cat bounce"?

Or are these the "pros" that were saying it was a short until just recently?
    (Now that they're saying it's not a short I'm actually thinking it may be a good time, no billions AUM d***kheads having to cover and squeeze me out?)

I mean he's got a point and I actually respect his opinion but he's literally telling us what we know already (and basically everyone has been saying for what months now?)

I guess what grinds my gears is I feel it's almost arrogant for them to title the article with what the "pros" are thinking given how just recently they've had there balls handed to them, ( as everyone may at some time with the market )

I guess none of us would get excited to read it if they title it what the d***heads at mega-bux financial are doing right

#14     Sep 2, 2020
    Bugsy, smallfil and Overnight like this.
  5. smallfil

smallfil

When they lose all their monies, they will say, like Maxwell Smart, missed it by this much.

#15     Sep 2, 2020
  6. Bugsy

Bugsy

I will say though, Warren Buffet selling out of a lot of his positions and buying Barrick Gold did set off a few red flags. Add to that we are coming up on a huge wall of resistance in the Dow. That being said, the beauty of being a technician is that you are able to see what the big boys are doing as it is happening rather than trying to guess when they do it long after it has already happened.

You're not trying to catch the ENTIRE move (of course we are!), just the majority of it which becomes possible using the charts.

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
    #16     Sep 3, 2020
    KCalhoun and smallfil like this.
  7. smallfil

smallfil

Gold has been going up. Though, Warren Buffett has been known to be a fundamentalist and looks at the financial statements more than the stockcharts, he probably, has a couple of stock analysts in his employ that use technical analysis. Of course, if you are merely trend following, you see a stock going up, you get in with the reasonable expectation that the trend will continue for sometime. Your concern is not that the stock is going up, but, how long it will continue going up. Trend followers just follow the trend. We do not care. All we want is to squeeze as much profits, as much as the market will give us.

#17     Sep 3, 2020
  8. virtusa

virtusa

There is always a trend reversal BEFORE a crash happens. So just check that all the time and you are safe.

Apply the same for a bull market.

#18     Sep 3, 2020
  9. The further this market goes up, the harder it will fall.

#19     Sep 3, 2020
    KCalhoun likes this.
  10. Nobert

Nobert

,, Don't know any economist, who made it in this game" - W. B

#20     Sep 3, 2020