The pros are getting ready for a market crash — retail investors, not so much, top economist warns

Discussion in 'Wall St. News' started by Bugsy, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Bugsy

Bugsy

https://www.marketwatch.com/amp/sto...s-not-so-much-top-economist-warns-11598970447

apdxyk, TimtheEnchanter and KCalhoun like this.
  2. themickey

themickey

Marketwatch I read as it's a quick link to seeing how some indexes have performed.
    Other than that, journalistic content is absolutely rubbish.
    I glance at marketwatch daily for the last several years, they constantly sit on both sides of the fence with positive and negative commentary, so they are never portrayed as wrong, and always hindsiight analysis, screaming bearish after a pullback, scream bullish after a run up.
    Marketwatch is pure trash for any original thinking imo.

3. DevBru

DevBru

When we do get a crash it will be violent, all those retailers that have been buying like crazy the past few months and will keep buying absolutely everything right now do need to get out at one point and there will be no one willing to buy all their shit, at least not untill we are way down.

However everything will depend on the FED, how much more are they willing to spend?

Turveyd likes this.
  4. themickey

themickey

It seems a favourite pastime of the majority to be negative on market direction.
    Been like that for months and months.
    Like marketwatch, one day they will pat themselves on the back how clever they are and the roar you hear will be deafening.
    GettyImages-1185577943.jpg

5. Bugsy

Bugsy

With the election coming they will be forced to keep spending at least until Nov 3rd. To do otherwise would be called politically motivated, especially with the screams of Covid still being rampant and stimulus still being needed to prop businesses.

6. tiddlywinks

tiddlywinks

The linked article is about 85% quotes from Mohamed El-Erian.
    Very little journalistic content/opinion.

That said, El-Erian had his 15 minutes... in a different period of time.

7. Bugsy

Bugsy

Broken clock. Falls 3 months after their prediction and they say "See I told you."

I predict right now that a major market reversal is coming. In 2 years when it happens remind me to tell you my prediction came true.

[​IMG]

Axon, Clubber Lang and Tradex like this.
  8. themickey

themickey

Everyone should have one of these to wake up to.
    ASX-markets-open-3.jpg

9. Turveyd

Turveyd

Fed have spent Trillions propping this shit show up, then Retail have all put there redundancy checkes into the pot with the hope of making a living pushing the markets higher, sooner or later the Feb will want there Trillions with a few Trillion profit, then down she goes.

Guessing when, is a 100% fool game mind.

10. Tradex

Tradex

#10     Sep 2, 2020
    Nobert, Spooz Top 2 and Bugsy like this.