The Prop Trading Industry EXPOSED

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bonds, Oct 4, 2006.

1. I believe this is your post: 10-02-06 07:32 PM

ummm, anyone ever thought about contacting the SEC?? this seems like a case of outright fraud...a ponzi scheme- where redemption requests are funded by new trader deposits....

It appears that we agree more than we disagree.

When our top traders have come over from other "low cost" firms, it's because they need to use capital to make a living. And, BTW, high volume traders are not paying any more here than anywhere else where they can use significant capital.

I don't mind having "apples and apples" comparisons, and I understand that we may not be the best "fit" for everyone. The main firms all get along pretty well, no "Sunni/Shiite" tribal war going on....I prefer to keep everything friendly and up front, that's all.

Have a good day,

Don

#51     Oct 6, 2006
  2. zdreg

zdreg

i suppose your timing would have to be lousy to lose it the next day.

#52     Oct 6, 2006
    #53     Oct 6, 2006
  4. well, to be fair to doniz, heck if traders are happy and he&bobz can recruit with no problemo why would he want to lower rates, i mean, would u in his place...it's not that he's strugglin' to find newbs to join pair&co and arbthespec. inc, ror.

#54     Oct 6, 2006
  5. bit,
    Nobody asked don to lower his fees, just keep him away from closing our underground prop firms ;)

#55     Oct 6, 2006
  6. S2007S

S2007S

bonds why would you waste your time at prop firms when you could just do it yourself...

If you dont need their capital then why stay. Doesnt make any sense as well that you switched 3 times in a year and half if your so good at it...

#56     Oct 6, 2006
  7. bonds

bonds

excuse me what did i fail at? the only reason i had even mentioned how much ive pocketed is to show that even the traders that are generating income for the prop firms dont exclude them from getting screwed...

bitter trader? actually prop trading is one of the best things that did happen to me, even with the money being witheld i've cleared and learned enough that its been worth my while... the bitter ones are the ones obsessed with me spewing out the names of the firms in question....

before you go calling someone a failure ,cutsthrough, especially someone you know nothing about, maybe you should take a look at yourself. Sorry to burst your bubble but i've only had one unprofitable month in two years of trading. And if you dont believe that or if it will make you feel better feel free to flame away...

#57     Oct 6, 2006
  8. bonds

bonds

Good pt and im not going to be dealing with these prop operations any more...

Just to clarify things i had multiple accounts opened stmultaneously to take advantage of certain platforms and in case one system went down to trade the other. It wasnt like i was at one, got screwed, jumped to the other, got screwed, jumped to the other. Most of the money being owed to me is profit not deposit, not to say i wont receive it but it is severly late.

#58     Oct 6, 2006
  9. You still have not been able to clarify which product you trade.

And I still fail to comprehend why you would be getting screwed for any of your profit when you are such a super trader. Even the chop shops tend to treat their good traders well so that they can retain them and use them as examples to bait in the suckers.

#59     Oct 10, 2006
  10. You must be some supertrader to require not one, not two, but three prop shops to make sure you have adequate backup and to take advantage of "certain [supersecretspecial-no2-bi-turbo] platforms" .

At the same time you were at 3 firms, and while you were a profitable trader, all 3 screwed you.

You had (have) your 7 (6, 55) hung at 3 firms at the same time. Nice guys at these firms, except in the payment area, of course.

#60     Oct 10, 2006