The Prop Trading Industry EXPOSED

Discussion in 'Prop Firms' started by bonds, Oct 4, 2006.

1. Drew07

Drew07

I think one of the firms might be Swift, If this is true I'm quite surprised because I thought they've been around a while and had a pretty good reputation. Just my 2cents.

#21     Oct 5, 2006

2. its not swift for sure, if anything they do pay their minions, peanuts, but they still pay them to keep them happilly punching away at their keyboards and making swift millions.

I know bonds, and he is not lying about getting screwed by 3 LLC s simultaneously( 3 for 3, quite impressive). And its wise not to say their names on here, because making them angry , just decreases the chances of getting your money out. So have some understanding and not put him in the same boat as such ET legends as nysekiller (he traded Ford like no other, haha, RIP nysekiller, ahahha)

#22     Oct 5, 2006
  3. zdreg

zdreg

do you really believe that any or all of the three firms will hunt you down

down and eliminate you with extreme prejudice if you print their names. you overestimate your importance.

even if there are more than three of them out there, perhaps you could add a name to the hall of infamy

#23     Oct 5, 2006
  4. zdreg

zdreg

to say their names doesn't affect his circumstances one iota. they don't even know who he is. not naming names takes away from his belivability.. this thread reeks of sour grapes. sounds like a guy who gets married 3 times and gets fleeced each time by the woman.. it makes you wonder about his judgement. to suggest to check other threads for names says more about you than you(bonds) care to disclose.

why not list what they told you to string you along. what were the warning signs? you could then help
    some people.

#24     Oct 5, 2006
  5. zdreg

zdreg

after you get paid you will claim to have a nondisclose agreement...

what kind of threats?

#25     Oct 5, 2006
  6. Drew07

Drew07

If it was my forty grand I would also be careful about dropping names just incase, but at the same time if bond's goal is to help newbies not make bad choices then he should provide a little more information. I think most fairly intelligent people know that there are people out there that are less than honest and will do anything to screw the naive out of a buck, but there are also reputable firms that don't deserve to be lumped into the same category...I think Don previously expressed this. The name Nysekiller rings a bell as I have probably read his posts, but I'm not familiar with what happened to him...anyone care to elaborate or is it a private matter?

#26     Oct 5, 2006
  7. zdreg

zdreg

if someone wants to help others avoid the same trap they would name names and/or write a lengthy list of warning signs..

the rest is just a screaming headline for a thread with no substance.

#27     Oct 5, 2006
  8. Buddha_E

Buddha_E

Mr. Bond, you need to set a timeline in order for you to disclose the firms.

#28     Oct 5, 2006
  9. bonds, do absolutely what you think is in your best interest. It is your situation and your capital at risk of not be paid to you as dictated by your business agreements.

I would not name the names of the firms. It is bad enough, I would not be surprised if certain organizations try to pre-text the @#%# out of ET.

#29     Oct 5, 2006
  10. Bullet

Bullet

While naming names is always the quickest way for others to be warned...it seems that Bonds has done his service to newbies starting out.

He simply said look deeper into ANY firm before you sign up. Not just the payout or leverage, but also the commission rate. I know of "good" prop firms out there that, in this retail traders ever so humble opinion, are charging very high commissions (no I wont name names, get off your lazy asses and do your own homework ).

Everyone wants the quick easy solution...if you are going into business for yourself the most important qualities are discipline, money management, and hard work....I.E. Dont rely on others to tell you who the bad guys are....do some due diligence and figure it out for your self.

OR save your pennies, quit wasting money on beer and chicks, forgo the new car and Trade Retail. Yes I know...the only things working in this environment require millions of BP (wanna bet....don't bother to pm me to argue this unless you have lots of $$ to back it up... but then I suppose you would trade retail). What the hell.....my rant is over

Cheers,

Good trading to all (Prop and retail alike) :D

#30     Oct 5, 2006