the Profit on a trade on the GBP/JPY ??

Discussion in 'Forex' started by md2324, Jun 8, 2017.

1. md2324

md2324

I have a Forex Pair GBP/JPY trade Question please:

a move from ....... 138.00 to 148.00
    This is a 10 point move correct ?
    And is 1,000 Pips ?

So if I was trading in micro lots ( 1,000 ) , what then would the Profit be on this trade please?

Thanks so much for any and all help

2. dumpdapump

dumpdapump

167 posts and still not the most basic clue? 148/138-1 * gbp denominated notional = gbp denominated pnl. Or (148 - 138) * gbp denominated notional = Jpy denominated pnl (which you can then convert back to gbp)

Can I ask you a question? Why did you ask this question and not look it up in a matter of seconds on any of the uncountable websites or YouTube? If you can't find the content would you not agree you are not really suited to trading?

3. Analyzing the pound sterling, you need to have in mind that it’s affected by both the factors inside the United Kingdom and the Eurozone economy. However, the UK currency doesn’t show so strong reaction to the news from the EU as the euro.

So, trading this instrument, you have to pay special attention only to those reports that have the most serious impact on the currency pair.

4. doggyfx

doggyfx

For JPY pairs a pip is 1/100 fraction, so basically yes it is 1000 pips. Pip value on my 5-digit Hotforex platform is 10$ per lot, so for 0.01 it is 10 cents.
    10*1000=10000 cents or 100 dollars.