The profileration of FX traders

Discussion in 'Trading' started by coolweb, Dec 15, 2005.

1. I have noticed, lots of fx traders popping up

I have also noticed, FX broker ads on yahoo finance and on many mainstream websites.

The bandwagon to be on! who's on it hahaha

I don't know if these people are just sheep but, there is very little edge in FX trading. PEople who trade it profitably either have been sludging it out for 2+ years or are good for the commish to their brokers.

2. Forex at 100:1 or even 200:1 leverage isn't any riskier than buying options (calls and puts).

3. achilles28

achilles28

I trade forex. To me, it appears much 'easier' to trade than the major indicies popular on elitetrader. By easy, I mean forex trends much better, longer and stronger than stocks.

As far as the bucketshops are concerned. Yes, its a sharks nest. A bees pit. Whatever you'd like to call it. 95% of forex dealing operations - from what i've read - border on outright criminality.

Little edge? I don't think so. Only those that can't find an edge in other markets shouldn't expect to find one here. Other than that, I think forex is great.

Im a trend trader. I live for the breakout trend. No other market trends harder and truer than the pound.