The Problem with Hybrids: Chevy Tahoe - $55k

Discussion in 'Economics' started by aeliodon, Apr 22, 2008.

1. Search it on youtube, if you haven't already, and you will see ppl. that have converted ICE cars to all electric for around 6k. Problem is the can only do approx 40 miles before re-charge. Ok for putting around town though.

#11     Apr 22, 2008
  2. My wife just traded her LTZ Tahoe for a loaded Accord. The blended gas mileage is a 10 MPG difference. She was kinda down because we have had Tahoe's for 10 years but figured the savings were worth it. The week after the trade, Chevy came out with the Hybrid Tahoe. It took me days to convince her that the savings just weren't there. In the end she still wants her Tahoe back and prolly will for some time. Can't beat the ride, room, amenities...

#12     Apr 22, 2008
  3. LOL :D

#13     Apr 22, 2008
  4. Anyone who pays $55k for a Chevy should have his head examined.

#14     Apr 22, 2008
  5. S2007S

S2007S

hybrids arent as popular as I thought they would be as oil has risen over 100% in the last year.....

You dont see many on the road...

#15     Apr 22, 2008
  6. It's not worth the extra cost especially if you are into leasing and want a new car every 2-3 years. Like the other poster said, you can buy a lot of gas for $3-4k over 2-3 years.

#17     Apr 22, 2008
  7. Look at a used hybrid. That what you can get the fuel savings and you won't have to pay the new car markup. Check out
    www.edmunds.com
    for the value of the used car you are interested in.

#18     Apr 22, 2008
  8. #19     Apr 22, 2008
  9. Mercor

Mercor

Going green is quickly becoming its own economy.

It is targeted to the upper-middle class. First step is laying a super guilt trip on families. That start in grade school teaching children to scold their parents for wasteful habits.

Then retailers make you pay more for "organic" foods, green cars, and soon offset carbon,

Schoolchildren are told to measure the carbon footprint of their familes.

Familes will need to buy carbon offsets from trading companies owned by Al Gore.

It is the poor who will be unable to buy organic foods, hormone free foods, The whole green movement is one big elitist operation.

Elite....Isn't Obama one of those

#20     Apr 23, 2008