The problem with crossover systems

Discussion in 'Trading' started by 1a2b3cppp, Aug 10, 2018.

1. padutrader

padutrader

if you enter the second time the price crosses the faster ma, you would have made a profit more times than not: though many traders do trade by formula,i am not sure it can be done cr.png

#11     Aug 10, 2018
  2. Handle123

Handle123

Thanks. Yeah I got duped by Xela, but live and learn. I might point out a few things, I never meet Xela in person, when I said I was there for her treatments, it was through "ET" and not physically there, just as I was going through my treatments, "Xela"(he or she) would exchange PM's. Last time been to London twice in 2010 for health reasons. For those who made fun of my handicaps, I was born with Klinefelters, can't have children though some actually can by storing small amounts of sperm, I have zippo, I grew up in very strict old Russia/Europe ways so when I speak using terms that are not like terms used today-like "fathered" and women I have had relationships and they had children-I "fathered" meaning I was father figure in their lives. I have never said I was biological father. I have a host of problems between Klinefelters which opened the doors of Sarcoidosis I been having past 10.5 years, past January confirmed Aspergers, and relatives confirmed they always thought I was autistic growing up but parents thought I was just slow in being social and inability of proper speech.

I exchanged many PM's with Xela, looking back I could have challenged "her" dozen times for areas that I now see as not seeming right at the time, but "she" was a intelligent friend during times most would not know how to respond or having their own health concerns. I am not angry at her at all, nor myself, "whoever" gave me time and often at times when I really needed it.

Most of you will never understand someone like me, most have families to some degree, I severed long ago or those close have past on to next world.

I apologize for my initial outburst, have one less friend who never ask me about trading.

#12     Aug 10, 2018
  3. smallfil

smallfil

Welcome back. Good to see you again on the message boards.

#13     Aug 11, 2018
  4. what's on this chart?

#14     Aug 11, 2018
  5. tomorton

tomorton

MA crossover trades are OK if you use them in the right environment and in the right way. MA's are generally considered less reliable as intra-day short-term indicators than from daily data.

As for the crossover itself, using 3 MA's far better than relying on price plus one MA. So, a fast MA moving up through a slow MA is a useful signal but its still only a signal, its not the entire set-up. Using the upward slope of a third slower MA would be a useful filter to eliminate many false entry signals. There are no doubt other filters that traders could suggest.

#15     Aug 11, 2018
  6. auto trendlines short and long period
    linear regression trend indicator bar on left margin
    short and long period EMA crossovers
    dynamic SR on right
    current bid ask volume ladder

#16     Aug 11, 2018
    Chuck Krug likes this.
  7. speedo

speedo

There are a number of profitable trades on that chart. If you are looking for the next bull or bear market...no.

#17     Aug 11, 2018
    _eug_ likes this.
  8. Combination of ATR and STD are my market volatility or character measures. The entry only happens when it meets both ATR STD criteria.

#18     Aug 11, 2018
  9. destriero

destriero

You suffer from extreme bullshit.

#19     Aug 11, 2018
    Van_der_Voort_4 and Gotcha like this.
  10. maxinger

maxinger

9 Aug 17 ES trade.

Do not use crossover systems and indicators blindly.
    There was no winning trade because in the first place, there was no signal for day trading.
    Leave it to heavy scalpers to profit from such market.

Using crossover systems and indicators only will give you < 50% success.
    Because there are days you must avoid trading.

understand market behaviour, personality, charactistics, EQ is important.

I mentioned many times that
    on 2 Aug, ES went up very significantly.

subsequently, ES day range has shrinked significantly.
    Those who traded on those days would find trading challenging.

Then 11 Aug it started to show some life.

Put simply, good day better trade with huge quantity.
    Lousy market better don't trade at all.
    Trading is an art not science.

#20     Aug 12, 2018