The “Pro”-cess - Discipline -

Discussion in 'Trading' started by xburbx, Oct 22, 2019.

1. xburbx

xburbx

In a short. Following the plan. Old internal feelings are present when putting the trade on but I am compartmentalizing them, not acting on them and following the bigger picture of the plan to determine if the game I am playing is working over 20 trades. This is my internal discussion.

#41     Oct 23, 2019
    jeffbader likes this.
  2. volpri

volpri

Not me. I draw lots of lines.

#42     Oct 23, 2019
    jeffbader likes this.
  3. volpri

volpri

The market pressures produce the patterns. The patterns produce the lines.

#43     Oct 23, 2019
    jeffbader and xburbx like this.
  4. xburbx

xburbx

Out with a loss on the trade. Picture taken, stats collected. On to the next.

#44     Oct 23, 2019
  5. Andrew_87

Andrew_87

This is good, keeping emotions under control.

#45     Oct 24, 2019
    xburbx likes this.
  6. xburbx

xburbx

Looks like it will be pretty unlikely my context for a trade will set up today. I will check back in around 9AM ET to see if there are any changes. Sticking to the plan.

#46     Oct 24, 2019
  7. xburbx

xburbx

Nothing has set up. Right now price is reacting to the 240M support line. It doesn't do anything for me in my mental environment/construct, but that's what's happening. There might be potential if this breaks out into a swing on a smaller TF. There isn't much momentum on the smaller TFs so it's in the territory of whip head fakes or the 'gotta go' spot. Bottoming activity below the 240M but who knows and quite frankly, it doesn't do anything at the moment for me. Part of me wants to not do this kind of analysis on TA because it feels like it allows the sub conscious to start predicting rather than anticipating. Fine line. This is not a table I want to play a hand at so I am observing from a distance with my hands under my butt. Something will happen, that's about all I can commit to.

EURUSD

#47     Oct 24, 2019
  8. xburbx

xburbx

I have a specific note in my plan as I build it. This is part of my unraveling of my own brain.

"Anything that causes that slight discomfort when approaching , reviewing or while in a trade, means there is something unanswered and I am not at peace with it. Address what it is right then and figure out a rule. Do not make the change until after the 20 trades but note that it needs changed."

#48     Oct 24, 2019
    tommcginnis likes this.
  9. xburbx

xburbx

Mental note - I never know what will happen next in the market but I do know what I will do.

#49     Oct 24, 2019
    jeffbader and KDASFTG like this.
  10. xburbx

xburbx

I currently feel my perspective shifting to understand the posts by the guys I have studied that were so focused on the game between the ears. It all used to seem very abstract and difficult to grasp . Because I went to the end of TA and back and realized that was not my problem, I think I just had to run the course of truly believing that myself. Then I had to see what the other option was. I am also realizing that I have been very very close multiple times in getting my mind right, but would be pulled down a TA path that would divert me for sometimes years. As these concepts continue to flood my brain I am being very particular at the moment as to who I listen to . I need these thoughts to become concrete, remain sound and become my reality. Trading In The Zone is a different book this time around. My personal notes in my plan have a lot more to do with me summarizing my beliefs and perspective rather than the actual charts themselves.

#50     Oct 24, 2019
    KDASFTG and tommcginnis like this.