The prettiest chart

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by 1a2b3cppp, Aug 3, 2018.

1. When I started trading too many years ago I was drawn to all the bells and whistles of various software providers, candles, and all those other kinds of fancy charts. I struggled to make a profit.

An experienced and profitable trader took me under his wing and told me to use line charts, plotted on the close of 60 second intervals. I've never looked back...KISS. Not for everyone, but works for me.

#11     Aug 4, 2018
    PennySnatch likes this.
  2. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

[​IMG]

#12     Aug 4, 2018
    They likes this.
  3. Sierra Chart.

#13     Aug 4, 2018
  4. CALLumbus

CALLumbus

This looks like some earthquake seismometer graph from Japan :D

#14     Aug 4, 2018
  5. maxinger

maxinger

[​IMG]

My prettiest chart. Beauty is in the beholder.

#15     Aug 4, 2018
  6. I wasn't seeing the bars on there at first. Is that simply a moving average?

#16     Aug 4, 2018
  7. MarkBrown

MarkBrown

January 1998 issue of TASC, p57, "Smoothing Techniques for More Accurate Signals", by Tim Tillson.

#17     Aug 4, 2018
  8. ironchef

ironchef

:thumbsup:

I don't day trade but someone here was kind enough to tell me something similar: To just throw away all the indicators and stare at the price charts.... Not sure it works for me yet but much better than before.:sneaky:

#18     Aug 5, 2018
  9. I am relatively sure those smoother techniques are not more accurate.

#19     Aug 6, 2018
  10. IAlwaysWin

IAlwaysWin

Can anyone see how powerful this strategy really is on a 1 Hour Nadex binary expiration? Killing it at 99% success rate! holy freaking crap.PNG
    I just can't agree with a trader that says indicators are worthless. I think the individual makes an indicator useless.

#20     Aug 9, 2018