the Pres talks the truth

Discussion in 'Politics' started by killthesunshine, Apr 14, 2009.

1. Increasing funding for higher education is one of the worst ideas possible. It sounds good to parents strapped by the monopoly pricing of universities, but the reality is that the universities will simply raise prices in lockstep to steal the money from the parents.

Higher education badly needs to be dope-slapped into reality. There is no real reason for the modern university, with its enormous costs. Most instruction, which is now handled by grad students, could be done online at a fraction of the cost by the best teachers in the country. These institutions remind me of the newspaper industry, so intoxicated by its own self-importance it couldn't appreciate the changes going on all around it.

A university is a great place to spend a few years to party, have lots of sex, do drugs and dabble in radical politics if that's your thing. Universities are still relevant because they remain the gatekeepers to an upper middle class lifestyle. At some point they will lose that stranglehold and have to survive on merit. When that happens, I predict that few parents will pony up $50k a year so their kid can have a good time.

#21     Apr 14, 2009
  2. You've obviously never attended the University of California at Berkeley.
    I have, and I know for a fact that it's anything but a great big party, filled with sex, drugs, and radical political discussions.

But since we're on the topic, did you attend college "AAA"?
    If so, where? What was your major? Did you graduate with a degree?

I realize that you have tons of threads on ET that you feel a strong need to comment on, but please don't forget to answer the above questions along with the question posed to you earlier today on this thread:

http://www.elitetrader.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=160732&perpage=6&pagenumber=3

Thank You.

Landis82

#22     Apr 14, 2009
  3. So you Kurt dropped out of college not because of money, but because you couldn't make the grade...

#23     Apr 14, 2009
  4. he'll revise the tax code. i like what i am hearing

#24     Apr 15, 2009
  5. lol. I guess all the tea parties are making him a little nervous!?

But wait, libs seem to think the people protesting the tax and spending are a joke! Now I'm sure we'll hear more libs praising Obama for wanting to "revise the tax code"...

Obama is like a trader chasing price action.

#25     Apr 15, 2009
  6. He can't even tell the truth about where he was born.

#26     Apr 15, 2009
  7. Cesko

Cesko

See how stupid you are??? CZECHOSLOVAKIA DOESN'T EXIST ANYMORE. FOR LAST TWENTY YEARS.
    :D :D :D
    So much for education, college and all that crap.

English isn't your native language and you are NOT even an American citizen.

How much do you care to bet?

#27     Apr 15, 2009
  8. Cesko

Cesko

But wait, libs seem to think the people protesting the tax and spending are a joke!

Right-wing extremists

:D :D

#28     Apr 15, 2009
  9. Cesko

Cesko

Landis if you want to check out about Czech Rep. on the map.
    IT'S IN EUROPE!!!!

:D :D :D :D

#29     Apr 15, 2009
  10. Funny that Obama lovers complain about someones citizenship lol.

#30     Apr 15, 2009