The PPT will make a move today

Discussion in 'Economics' started by bond tr4der, Nov 20, 2008.

1. Yep, isn't it great that GOV keep throwing away taxpayer money - attempting to jump start a meaningful rally.

Meanwhile, the rest of us are very thankful we get to keep profiting shorting another 1000 point jump.

:D

It is almost like printing money they are so predictable!

Keep it up fellas - you've been a great help. What? If they can help The bigwigs on Wall Street and throw our economy down the toilet. . .the little guy might as well build a bank account, too!

#11     Nov 20, 2008
  2. Here comes the rally to 500++ points on the Dow. Look at the YM rocket from the 7,700s to 8,000 in minutes!

#12     Nov 20, 2008
  3. Thanks for the 40+ points. :]

#13     Nov 20, 2008
  4. Here we go another 10+ points.

Target 1107.00.

#14     Nov 20, 2008
  5. Just go long and leave for the day. You will come back to the largest gain you have ever had. The government will not let the Dow settle below 8,000 for a second straight day.

#15     Nov 20, 2008
  6. Agree. Although one can never be sure.

Flat now. We're at a major trendline.

Looking to buy a pullback to 1086, if we can go back down there.

#16     Nov 20, 2008
  7. Buying the pullbacks.

• nq.png
      File size:
      33.3 KB
      Views:
    #17     Nov 20, 2008
  8. Even though your post is sarcastic, I'll take it and day Thank You because I am right.

The Bond Market is never wrong. BTW, time to bail from the country. We're going down in flames as not even the PPT will prevent the 30% plunge which is coming before the end of this week!

#18     Nov 20, 2008
  9. These talks of PPT are a bit ridiculous as CNBC 's Liesman put it . If there really is a PPT why then has the market totally collapsed in this fashion ?

What is the daily notional value of all the S& P traded ?
    I don't know but I am sure they have the money to put a floor
    under the market which obviously they haven't done.
    But anyway think of it , they would have to sell at some point, so it would be a zero sum game and the market would be no better i the long run.

I know there is a "working group" but noone has evidence that they ever used it for that purpose. My guess is if they did (they would have to know how to trade, not a given for gov people) it was only on a very few instances and probably very recently.

Like I said, the admninistration was DESPERATE to hold the market. They would have done ANYTHING , including having the PPT buy all day long since September. But nothing of the sort happened obviously so there is no PPT in the sense people think of it.

And btw notice how we don't hear about gov intervention anymore, I guess the election is over. So they don't give a damn now. Paulson dropped the TARP and he's leaving office.

#19     Nov 20, 2008
  10. There was this analyst on TV a few weeks and he was speaking of central bank intervention in currency markets. He said central banks are almost powerless in such environments.

Any smart trader knows not to buy a falling knife, the PPT most likely would buy the bottom and push things aggressively to get short covering and a restoration of confidence, but they wouldn't be the other side of every single sale.

#20     Nov 20, 2008