The power of inner dialogue

Discussion in 'Psychology' started by Allaces, Apr 29, 2007.

1. Allaces

Allaces

I'm still trying to work out why they assumed I wrote it???

Isn't it far more logical that I read it and decided to share it

No wonder 95% of traders wash out with attitudes like that

#11     Apr 30, 2007
  2. Thank you for the PM, Allaces. The purpose of this thread was to weed out the traumatized people (got 3 who agreed...) in ET. Every person in this planet has a trauma from a shrink's point of view... it's no biggie.

:D :D :D

Allaces, can I come to your meetings to get a bitch slap of reality?

(just kidding... )

#12     Apr 30, 2007

3. Well, you are guilty of one thing- not including the source. You should always do that at least to avoid being accused of plagarism.

Inner dialogue is a part of how one is wired. Are they thinking about where they are and the problems that they have, or are they focused on where they want to go, what they want to become and how their challenges will make them stronger. The key word is focus. It's easy to distinguish between a winner and a loser by observing their focus.

#13     Apr 30, 2007
  4. Allaces

Allaces

Oh Jesus there you go, call off the feds

The “Rapid Manifestation”
    Training Course
    How to Get Everything Your Want Fast!
    By Song Chengxiang

#14     Apr 30, 2007
  5. Allaces

Allaces

You can come on down for a big ole slap of the one eyed pink meat flute anytime TS

#15     Apr 30, 2007

6. Jesus and the feds in the same sentence kind of scares me and is politically incorrect too. But thanks for expressing your inner dialogue at that moment.

Fear and greed, a trader's two biggest enemy's are also a key part of the inner dialogue. Any trader who ignores this does so at his/her own peril.

#16     Apr 30, 2007
  7. Allaces

Allaces

Jesus was a wine toking, sandal wearing G man

#17     Apr 30, 2007
  8. zdreg

zdreg

threads are not usually destroyed by the creator of the thread. you are unusual.

#18     Apr 30, 2007
  9. Allaces

Allaces

Well the "usual" make up the 95% of traders that lose

let those that have ears..

#19     Apr 30, 2007
  10. ananda

ananda

"Are you aware of your inner dialogue?"

Does it matter where this poster got his ideas? The post is helpful and, in my experience at least, true. Many, many modern commentators on such theme are, consciously or unconsciously, using ideas conceived of by others over the millennia. There are similar concepts to those in the above post in Buddhism and Stoicism for instance and many modern psychologists and psychiatrists use such techniques on their clients to great effect. What is conscience if not an “inner dialogue”?

This does not detract from the truth of what is said. Endless repetition and practice are vital to success in any enterprise and self improvement is no exception. The more you hear a concept, the more it is interpreted by different people in slightly different ways, the more you are able to absorb it and make use of it. Self examination and change resulting from it are the essential elements of growth.

The charge of plagiarism is an irrelevance.

#20     Apr 30, 2007