The Power of Influential Writing.

Discussion in 'Politics' started by SouthAmerica, Feb 6, 2007.

1. .

February 6, 2007

SouthAmerica: The Power of Influential Writing.

Some of you hate my guts for all the subjects that I have been writing about for many years.

I feel good and proud of myself that I have infuriated someone enough (could be even Big Brother) that he/she took the time to start deleting many of my articles from the internet over a period of time.

Whoever it is has deleted even the webpage with the information about my book – and that has happened recently.

If my articles were not worth reading it then someone would not waste his/her time deleting it from the Internet because he/she wanted to prevent other people from also reading this material.

I accept as a compliment to the impact that the articles has had on its readers that someone has to get out of his/her way and waste their time deleting not only many of my articles, but also my book information from the web - because he/she feels the material is so threatening to them.

Ricardo C. Amaral
    Author/Economist

2. jem

jem

how would people have the power to delete information from the internet.

what are you saying happened.

Did the webmasters all decide to take your stuff down.

did someone threaten them with lawsuits.

How does your stuff get deleted?

3. Arnie

Arnie

I certainly don't "hate" you, but I've always wondered why:

1. You choose to stay in a country you hate.

2. You left a country you love. :D

PS Sorry about your website. How could someone "delete" a website? :D

4. Yeah, your writings they've really put Brazil on the map . . .

As far as the web deletions of any of your postings, I think that its a shame that someone would delete them for the reasons you believe. But in your case perhaps "big brother" is actually doing you a favor, saving you from the potential of years of embarrassment for the foolish musings and boorish jingoism you have posted over the years. By deleting them, they no longer exist to the public and can't come back to remind anyone who cares. The way I see it, you owe the person who deleted your stuff a thank you.

5. Those crazy Brazilian hackers and censors!!

Instead of partying all day and all night at pre-Carnival parties or hanging out at the beach, they hack a fellow Brazilian's communist propaganda website.

SouthAmerica: The Power of Influential Writing and Being a Legend in His own Mind

Who 'ya goin' to call?

P.S. Is the book on CD yet? Can I pick it up at the dollar store yet?

6. .

Jem: 1) how would people have the power to delete information from the internet.

2) what are you saying happened.

3) Did the webmasters all decide to take your stuff down.

4) did someone threaten them with lawsuits.

5) How does your stuff get deleted?

February 7, 2007

SouthAmerica: Reply to Jem

1) I don’t know.

2) I had a webpage with all the information about my book that was published in May 2000. That website had been up since May of 2000 until 2007 when the website disappeared completely.

The webpage also had a number of related articles that I wrote about the subject of the book

That website had been quoted by a number of historians and I have found a lot of material on the web over the years where people lift the information from my articles almost word by word – some people gave my name as a source of the information but other people did not.

3) I still investigating what has happened to my website – but as far as I know the website was not taking down by the webmaster.

4) No – As far as I know nobody has threatened with a lawsuit any of the editors of the various publications because of one of my articles.

5) I don’t know how and why my stuff is being consistently deleted – that nonsense started about 2 years ago.

But I am contacting the webmaster and I am going to ask him to explain what has happened to my webpage.

For example: If you did a Google search under my name (Ricardo C. Amaral) about 18 months ago Google would have responded with at least 1,200 results – and most of the results were actually related to my articles in one way or another. But today if you do the same search on Google you get only 124 results.

February 2007 -
    Google Search: Results 1 - 10 of about 124 for "Ricardo C. Amaral".

If you do a Google search under my name, but this time around you leave out my middle initial (Ricardo Amaral) then you get a lot of results. I know that hundreds of these results are related to my articles, but I have no idea how many. But that is not knew since before we had a similar situation.

February 2007 -
    Google Search: Results 1 - 10 of about 64,400 for "Ricardo Amaral".

I just did a search under Ricardo C. Amaral and among the results I found 2 results in Chinese – but I could see my name on the article – when I used a Google tool to translate the article from Chinese into English I realized that the article written in Chinese - the author quoted on his article pieces of information of various articles that I wrote in the last 2 years.

Source: ChinaByte.com

You can see the article in Chinese that was translated into English by Google
    "Golden Brick Four" series: the rise of the United States to worry about, Brazil

http://translate.google.com/transla...q=%22Ricardo+C.+Amaral%22&start=20&hl=en&sa=N

7. I wouldn't call it hate.

You have proven over and over again you have no idea what you are talking about 99.9% of the time and every prediction/ opinion you post is proven to be wrong.

Pity would be more descriptive.

It is funny when you tried to portray Chavez as a "boogie man" invented by the Bush administration and now we all see he has dismantled all the democratic institutions in Venezuela and will attempt to do the same throughout Latin America.

He's in the process of destroying that country and he's going to take a lot of Latin America down with him.

SA, it's not hate, you are just a clown.

8. .

Sputdr: You have proven over and over again you have no idea what you are talking about 99.9% of the time and every prediction/ opinion you post is proven to be wrong.

It is funny when you tried to portray Chavez as a "boogie man" invented by the Bush administration….

February 7, 2007

SouthAmerica: You are a radical right-wing warmonger and here is an example of your mindset:

Sputdr posted on 1/20/07 on thread “Naivety is deadly”: “That's the naivety of the left. Let's be nice to them and they will leave us alone. They don't understand these people want to kill us period.”

I rest my case!!!!!!!

SouthAmerica: On your opinion the smart thing to do is “spread democracy in the Middle East” such as in Iraq and by force - You guys are going to get democracy if you want or not even if we have to kill every last one of you.

Regarding Hugo Chavez he is a Boogieman also made in America by the Bush administration.

As a matter of fact a lot of people are getting elected in many countries as an over reaction against the Bush administration policies around the world.

1) Hugo Chavez in Venezuela.

2) Evo Morales in Bolivia

3) I don’t know his name in Ecuador.

4) The fellow in Iran.

5) The Hamas government in Palestine.

6) The mess in Lebanon.

7) The fellow in Guatemala

And so on………

You must be a die hard Bush/Cheney supporter and you think that they are doing a heck of a job - and Dickhead Cheney must be one of your all time heros.

As you can see criticism coming from people like you with your frame of mind
    it is as good as "nothing."

If you want I can take a little time and make a review of your 1800 postings on this forum – it will be very easy for me to make a case and show what kind of fool you are just by quoting from your postings on this forum.

9. It's not hate, Ricardo. It's more like pity. Your opinions and assertions are often completely wrong. But everyone can be wrong once in a while. In your case, your outrageous claims about the accuracy of your predictions and your personal friendship with world leaders and your direct relation to the royal families of Europe make everything else you say suspect.

You describe yourself as an author but you're really just a lonely, anonymous internet troll who finds his only audience among those who post to ridicule him. No serious author/commentator would be spending the amount of time that you spend here. After all, why on earth would any serious commentator do so?

With regard to the deletion of your material, it is not terribly surprising to us.

10. .

TraderNik: But everyone can be wrong once in a while. In your case, your outrageous claims about the accuracy of your predictions and your personal friendship with world leaders and your direct relation to the royal families of Europe make everything else you say suspect.

February 8, 2007

SouthAmerica: On 02-07-07 another member of this forum posted the following response to TraderNik

TraderNik,

you'd like to turn this thread around wouldn't you

are you a Bush lover,

do you spend your nights crying because that skull and bones guy will be leaving white house

what makes you truly pathetic is that you aren't extremely wealthy

if you were you could be forgiven for liking bush

TraderNik gives me the impression that his ancestors had a peasant background, because he keeps coming back to my family background over and over again.

Because of his peasant roots - he feels inferior and recent people who came from ancestors who had a real blue-bloodline – as a result he has this tremendous inferiority complex for a reason that there is nothing he can do about it.

I t is very easy for me to prove to anyone my family's background, and the bloodline of my ancestors - I have a ton of material about that - and members of my family sent to me from Brazil a lot of documents, since they know that I write articles, and have a published book regarding that subject.

What gets people like TraderNik and I am sure that he does not understand – it is not about money – you can be a nouveau rich or a zillionaire – but at the end of the day you still can’t change from where you come from and your ancestry.

I don’t expect you to understand what I am talking about, but it is a system that it is all around you since you are a baby – you assimilate the system and you know what is proper and what isn’t – and you learn a bit at the time by observing and experiencing the environment around your family, and your upper-class circle friends.

Please don’t bug me anymore with your whining about my ancestry and family background.

PS: You don’t have to worry about we are not planning in making a come back - to bring back the nobility and the old empire to Portugal, and also to Brazil.

That is part of our Brazilian history now – but a history which I am very proud of it – I am very proud about my ancestry and the role that my ancestors played in Brazilian history – and that is something that no one can take away from me.

It is a fact, and deal with it.

#10     Feb 8, 2007