The Pope is now an Economist.

Discussion in 'Economics' started by jueco2005, Jun 30, 2009.

1. Religion has no business in the economy. Christians are actually not allowed to loan money... as it says in the bible. But some Pope right before the Renaissance ignored that rule, allowing the rise of the Medici dynasty.

#11     Jul 1, 2009
  2. Non rhetorical question: Would you rather buy property from the pope or Ben Bernanke?

-gastropod

#12     Jul 1, 2009
  3. His work is Game theory.

And your right normal people don't behave this way as they are sheep who believe they should act a certain way so others can game their predictable actions.

The whole world and just about every aspect is gameable.

Mark Sanford played the game well but not well enough.

#13     Jul 1, 2009
  4. aegis

aegis

LOL.

A former Nazi discussing ethics. Funny.

#14     Jul 1, 2009
  5. My current confidence level, I'd rather buy an annuity through the
    archdiocese if we're looking long term. Not sure who is going to last the next 10 - 15 years, the Pope will still be in business.

#15     Jul 1, 2009
  6. Eight

Eight

Proverbs says "let an evil man borrow so a good man can have a job".. if you think about that you realize that in God's view the purpose of an enterprise is for the people that work there... I've worked for a couple of organizations that seemed to get that and a dozen or two that did not, the two that got it were by far the best in all regards, quality of product, quality of life for employees... just amazingly more profitable than the normal krapola workplaces.... one guy paid his workers half again the going rate and attracted the talent that way, he grew the company from ten or twenty people and sold it for a half a billion dollars twenty years later.. his equity gain was $.50 for every $1 he ever paid out!!

Religion does not belong in business, LOL!

#16     Jul 2, 2009