The Polls - Is Trump Winning even without the Algo

Discussion in 'Politics' started by jem, Jul 27, 2016.

1. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

As indicated before, polls serve a good purpose only to define trend and as one can see, the trend in the late days of campaign even with the bad polls, was in the direction of Trump. One other purpose of polls which is nefarious, is to shape public opinion and make you think the election is going against the Republican candidate in hopes that you will get discouraged and not vote.

Last edited: Nov 14, 2016
    #921     Nov 14, 2016
  2. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

By the way, the nefarious use of polls was very evident here in the way that Stark attempted to mold opinions.

#922     Nov 14, 2016
    Tom B likes this.
  3. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Yes--it certainly was

#923     Nov 14, 2016
  4. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Turns out that the LA Times poll was not garbage and I contend that their methodology will be the wave of the future. Granted they didn't get the popular vote correct, but they identified the proper trend and never got the numbers too far on one side or the other like most of your NBC, ABC type of polls that were trying to depress Republican turnout. (And probably did to a certain extent)

#924     Nov 14, 2016
  5. jem

jem

How many times did we have to tell this to the lefties... I am posting this here fo the next time we have to explain this about early polls.

http://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/307111-pollsters-go-back-to-drawing-board

A final fix? Zogby said consumers need to quit thinking the polls are a sort of guarantee of who is going to win.

After the 2012 election, in which Silver was deified for his calculations, Zogby suggested many put too much faith in how accurate the polls could possibly be.

“We need to take the word ‘prediction’ out of this business,” he said.

“If I’ve got to lose 20 pounds between now and Nov. 8, the scale will tell me how I’m doing. … But it’s not going to tell me what my weight will be on Nov. 8.”

#925     Nov 25, 2016
  6. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

I see here that your precious Gallup Poll got 2012 wrong. It had Romney ahead. --oops

#926     Jul 17, 2019
  7. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Aggregates got it right.Trumps current aggregates are 42 and 44% approval and have him losing to Biden,Sanders,Warren and Harris

#927     Jul 17, 2019
  8. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

Bookmarked.

#928     Jul 17, 2019
  9. Tony Stark

Tony Stark

Bookmarked.

#929     Jul 17, 2019
  10. Buy1Sell2

Buy1Sell2

OOPS