The Politics Of Bad Trading

Discussion in 'Politics' started by destriero, Jul 11, 2018.

1. destriero

destriero

I see that you’re still breathin’ hillbilly, so are we going to bet on your profitability?

#41     Jul 12, 2018
  2. Please believe me when I tell you I feel your pain.

Keeps me solvent, too.

#42     Jul 12, 2018
    Slartibartfast likes this.
  3. vanzandt

vanzandt

Dude... its like this. I proven you wrong on at least 5 different points. Instead of acknowledging that you were wrong, you constantly come up with new things to throw at me.

Now you said numerous times that I "have never trade a stock" and I have "never traded an option" and that I have no account to trade let alone PDT. I called you out on that with $10K bet. Over 500 option trades in the last 4 months (at least)... and once again, you try to change to something else because you were dead assed wrong and I beat you again.

Now its my profitability. I lost money overall in 2017, I'm not afraid to admit it... so no, I'm not going to bet you on that. Why would I? The fact remains, your original statement was ripped to shreds and you were not enough of a man to stand behind it and put money where your big mouth is.

Some I'm done with you buddy. You're all mouth. You're afraid to back up your words with real money. I will no longer play your man-child games. Go ahead and get the last word, I destroyed all your credibility. You're a fool's fool. Gonna have to put you back on ignore bud. And thats not to say I won't read what you write if it happens to be the most recent post on a thread I see before I log on... but I sure as hell am not gonna log on and see that a baby man-child has clogged my inbox because he's a quitter and just can't take being bitch-slapped around by someone who is superior to him in about a half dozen ways. ttyl tough guy.

#43     Jul 12, 2018
  4. destriero

destriero

Case closed. Thanks for playing.

#44     Jul 12, 2018
  5. #45     Jul 12, 2018
  6. destriero

destriero

Cognitive dissonance. 500 trades (so wut) and loses money in a year that the SPX was up nearly 20%. WTF do I care that he's a shitty songwriter? Guy is probably a Barista as well; should we discuss coffee?

Yes, I stated that he's never traded. WTF puts 33% in one issue and loses 10% in the first week? I cannot prove a negative so it would be foolish to bet on a quantity of trades... but he's admitted that he can't trade. Loses money in the best market in decades.

So the title of this thread was apropos. Vanzandt proposed a wager in which he would show that he traded over 500 option trades. I countered with a wager on profitability (mine vs. his) which results in his admission that he lost money in 2017.

So he loses, again, via admission. Dude, vanzandt, you're just too easy.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2018
    #46     Jul 12, 2018
  7. I noticed that, it seems that 500 trades would insulate one from an overall loss in such a boom year, particularly for those starting with a pro-Trump bull bias. Could be a few clangers of large trades, otherwise it should have been a great year for someone carrying 31 years experience (he said he had 30 years in 2016).

However I am not an Options trader. It seems to me that he has traded however age and interest are playing a factor. This is not a senility crack just as we get into/past 40s it is common for the love of a job to fade to nothing. This is why so many who have the luxury start 2nd careers in their 50s.

Getting older affects the brain, it becomes lower resolution and less able to handle fine detail. Pronounced "conservative" behaviors are a result of this decrease in agility/nuance and it should certainly affect trading.

Dunno but it is time for my walk :)

#47     Jul 12, 2018
  8. destriero

destriero

I just don't care what his personal situation entails. He knows less about the markets than my 14yo. 50, 500, 5,000. The quantity is meaningless to anyone but him. Profitability ranks a bit higher. I am happy to be his sole source of income if he'd like to wager on actual profitability, but obviously that wager is "mute" (sic).

#48     Jul 12, 2018
  9. vanzandt

vanzandt

That song will make more money then Desterio married into. :sneaky:
    Thats the beauty of it. I don't need to trade.

Oh btw.... word around the campfire is his marriage is on the rocks.
    Couldn't happen to a better guy. I don't blame her.

Edit... post the lyrics too Slart.
    "Without no lyrics, there is no song".
    -vz

#49     Jul 12, 2018
  10. destriero

destriero

More money than...

https://clyp.it/zpi5u2k2

WTF was that? That was fucking terrible. Was there an audio track?

#50     Jul 12, 2018