the politically incorrect truth why TA can't work (for you)

Discussion in 'Technical Analysis' started by Xspurt, Aug 19, 2012.

1. Brass

Brass

Perhaps it provides more of an angle than an edge.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/fJ8t17Ujmus" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

#51     Aug 19, 2012
  2. Funny you got a piece of this one...... it was on my radar at the bottom of the cup. I don't know why I didn't get it.

It's been so strong after the breakout that I'm considering getting in for the momentum.

-TA user

#52     Aug 19, 2012
  3. reversals have very low profitability statistics.

#53     Aug 19, 2012
  4. Absence of big participants and low volume.

#54     Aug 19, 2012
  5. Your success is not based on t/a but on your own ability, because if everybody could not make profit from it , then it is not t/a.

#55     Aug 19, 2012
  6. Redneck

Redneck

A neat little to do Ma’am

See if you can get her to swing to and fro – yet never completing a full turn

I can, but only if I center myself first

Which brings me to another thought

Possibly there are traders who get so tensed, keyed up, stressed, whatever – they end up getting mind locked – and can’t register what’s right in front of their face

My proof

Anyone ever look at a chart at the end of the day – clearly see the move – and think wtf didn’t I trade that way

I have…

So I adjusted; now I see it happening…, as its happening

=============================

Aside;

Really its kind of funny when the damn breaks – a flood of things (reading the mkt…, TA…, seeing the moves as they’re happening…, seeing what is likely to happen next…, understanding why) all seem to fall in place at once – least they did for me

That was an eye opener…

==============================

Don’t get me wrong, I still have losing trades – but what the hay, I’m only human

And as I fully acknowledge I hate losing - therein resides yet another mind field I must navigate

(play on words btw; I know it should read mine..., well except for me)

RN

#56     Aug 19, 2012
  7. jnbadger

jnbadger

No shit. It's tiring. The problem is that when someone posts something positive (a real rarity on this board) no one believes it.

I seriously wonder how many potential new guys are turned away from trading because of the constant influx of negative bullshit on elite trader.

#57     Aug 19, 2012
  8. You must hire a rebuttal team to start positive bs threads on forums , ideal solution is to hire failures and then send them to baby pips , they can return and they can re-register as new pricks and start positive threads.:D

#58     Aug 19, 2012
  9. Nah not turned away from trading jnbadger, they just go somewhere constructive. Look at the BigMike stats and compare them with ET. We are averaging down here and in terminal decline, but that's how Baron wants it.

A fatal mistake when two trends are in opposition like this and a few more years will show the obvious end results.

#59     Aug 19, 2012
  10. siafx

siafx

TA is like a weapon in the hand of a black belt martial artist, or a stick in the hand of a child. With the well trained and highly disciplined martial artist, it is deadly. In the hand of a child, it is nothing.

TA is nothing by itself. But in the right hands, it can be the edge, or it can be the naught. It is both a lamp to the feet of the wise and a stumbling block to the feet of the untrained.

#60     Aug 19, 2012